We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Unmarried couple - different nationalities

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
England
reviews: 8
Unmarried couple - different nationalities

My fiance and I would like to go on holiday to Dubai together. Before booking anything I am uncertain whether we would have problems booking a hotel room together. I am British and his nationality is Indian (muslim). We have been on holidays elsewhere and not had a problem but I have read contradictory posts regarding the situation in Dubai and I am very confused!

Can anyone tell me whether a prebooked hotel could refuse to let us stay? Would we have problems to stay in a room together do you know?

Thanks !

Dubai, United Arab...
reviews: 19
1. Re: Unmarried couple - different nationalities

You won't have a problem.

Dubai, United Arab...
reviews: 14
2. Re: Unmarried couple - different nationalities

Nevertheless the laws, in reality unmarried non-Arabic couples have no problems.

Have a look at a similar posting for Oman: tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g294006-i2046-k3…

Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
for Dubai
reviews: 71
3. Re: Unmarried couple - different nationalities

If you search the forum you'll find this questions has been asked many times.

You'll be fine, nobody will know you're not married unless you tell them so don't tell them. Simply refer to each other as husband and wife. Different surnames are absolutely meaningless here so no need to worry about that either.

England
4. Re: Unmarried couple - different nationalities

Thanks everyone, much appreciated.

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
reviews: 139
5. Re: Unmarried couple - different nationalities

In italy we keep our maiden names so there's no way that anyone can see we're married and have never been questioned.

Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
for Dubai
6. Re: Unmarried couple - different nationalities

You will get free visa on arrival, but if your friend has an Indian passport, he has to pre-arrange his. Hope you are aware of this.

ksa
7. Re: Unmarried couple - different nationalities

hi. im asian and working here in saudi arabia, im planning to visit dubai on september with my arab boyfriend and im really worried bout our safety. we want to share one room and go out together . should i go or not? advise please. thnx

Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
for Dubai
reviews: 71
8. Re: Unmarried couple - different nationalities

Nobody can tell you if you should go or not go, that's a decision for you and your boyfriend to make. If you search the forum you'll find many threads on this subject that might help you decide. There's no point in going if you are going to be worried the entire time.

Dubai
9. Re: Unmarried couple - different nationalities

Dear Georgina,

Have a serious look at the answer given by Kali737..:-)

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
reviews: 139
10. Re: Unmarried couple - different nationalities

There are a lot of mixed nationalites that are a couple go to Dubai and I doubt they worry for their safety or they wouldn't go.