We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jumeirah Beach Hotel queries

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
Jumeirah Beach Hotel queries

Hi. We are spending 3 nights in Duabi in August on our way back to Australia. Considering staying at JBH and had a couple of queries:

1) It will be just myself and my wife. Would the JBH be considered a "family hotel" with lots of kids around ?

2) Is a taxi the best way to get into the city centre (say Bastakia area) ? How long does this take and what sort of cost ?

3) Would anyone suggest at different hotel that would be in the range of around €200 - 250 pn ? Would like a hotel with a decent pool area and is not too far from the city centre.

Am relatively new to the Trip Advisor forums but have found the time and effort that people put into the Forums very helpful. Much appreciated !

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
reviews: 139
1. Re: Jumeirah Beach Hotel queries

petera, if you can afford the JB definitely stay there, it's ideal for kids, you'll love it. There's a free shuttle bus that goes to the main malls & gold souk several times a day, but taxi's are a good option coz they're very cheap. About 8 years ago it used to take about half an hour to get from the Jumeirah to the city but now it takes about double that & definitely avoid peak times.

Another thing, you've probably seen the posts about refurbishment at the Jumeirah, so I would check that out before I book.

Bahrain
reviews: 4
2. Re: Jumeirah Beach Hotel queries

If you like swimming pools, if you are JBH guest then you get free access to the most wonderfull aqua park "Wild Wadi". I think not only the JBH it all the chain, I mean:

Burj Al Arab, Emarites Tower, Mina A'salam, and Al Qasser Hotel.

Ahmed

Bahrain
reviews: 4
3. Re: Jumeirah Beach Hotel queries

Oh by the way, last week I was there with my wife and I had to go litraly from JBH to al bastakeya during the peak hours 18:30. It took me 1 hour 45 minutes, when I went back at 23:30 it took me 20 minutes. !!!

4. Re: Jumeirah Beach Hotel queries

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:50 am, April 24, 2006