We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dubai Airport in transit

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Paphos, Cyprus
reviews: 3
Dubai Airport in transit

Hi there,

We need some advice..

After a10hr stop over in Kuala Lumpa we arrive in Dubai at 22:30 and fly out at 08:30

We have looked into staying at the Hotel airport but unfortunately 200euros for a night is out of our price range and to get a visa to be able to get a hotel room out of the airport will cost the same....

Are there any other solution? and will everything be open at that time.

best regard

Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
for Dubai
reviews: 71
1. Re: Dubai Airport in transit

Dubai airport is at it's busiest during the night so everything will be open. You could pay to use an airport lounge but you'd still be in the airport. If it's too expensive to stay at the hotel in the airport and too expensive to get out then it sounds like you're stuck there overnight.

Paphos, Cyprus
2. Re: Dubai Airport in transit

I have actually just read up on the marhaba lounge and seems like a good option

Thank you for your reply,

:)

Tamworth, United...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
reviews: 8
3. Re: Dubai Airport in transit

Everything is open 24/7. There are plenty of shops and places to eat and drink within the airport. A lounge may be the best idea as it does get very busy, sometimes with no seats available.

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
reviews: 34
4. Re: Dubai Airport in transit

Hi Ozzie

Greetings from Pissouri.

There are also snooze cubes at Dubai airport and if you google them they may be an option for you - much cheaper than the hotel

Paphos, Cyprus
5. Re: Dubai Airport in transit

Hi there Latimer,

i was reading an article regarding the cubes, but it was my understanding that they have not been installed yet.

thanks for the info will look it up just now

:)

Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
for Dubai
6. Re: Dubai Airport in transit

Marhaba lounge has a usual time limit of 4 hrs

Paris, France
7. Re: Dubai Airport in transit

There is a free meal if you are flying with 'Emirates' and have to be in the airport for more than 4 hours. Go to the 'information' closest to burger king (around gate 202/204), look at the elevator, get in and go to first floor, you'll get clearance to 1 meal, so you'll decide among dinner or breakfast only.

It saves you a little.

PS : For US travellers, Marhaba lounge is free of access even for Economy ticket. Just that the transit have to be >3 hours, and there is no time limit for stay. They have good food aswell.

Edited: 6:17 am, August 27, 2012
Paris, France
8. Re: Dubai Airport in transit

And if your transit is >8 hours because you didnt had earlier flights , and if for certain ticket class you may qualify for a stop over package.

Miami, Florida...
9. Re: Dubai Airport in transit

Hi

If am transiting in dubai airport and am not getting out of it ... Can a friend come to see me over there ? He lives in dubai and wanted to see me when i transit in dubai for few hours ... Is that ok?

Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
for Dubai
10. Re: Dubai Airport in transit

Hi Rosa B - while in transit you are in an area beyond immigration and passport control. A Dubai resident cannot come there, unless he is flying out of that airport at that time. You can at best have a phone or video conversation.