We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Price of gold in Dubai airport

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
newcastle,uk
reviews: 20
Price of gold in Dubai airport

Hi

Does anyone know how much gold is in Dubai airport I know it's sold by weight but I don't know more than that

Thanks in advance for the info

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
reviews: 34
1. Re: Price of gold in Dubai airport

The price of gold is the same all over the world and then extra is added on for manufacture and design.

You are right that gold is sold by weight so when you ask 'what is the price' what do you mean ?

How do you expect people to help if you don't tell us what it is you want to buy ?

newcastle,uk
2. Re: Price of gold in Dubai airport

I was looking to buy a gold bangle but I had no idea how much it would cost

Durham, United...
Destination Expert
for El Gouna
reviews: 57
3. Re: Price of gold in Dubai airport

It is sold per gram- when we were there in March I had a look and think it worked out at £20 plus per gram depending on how fancy the bangles were. ( that price may not be right and it also depends on exchange rates). We looked in both the gold souk and the airport but I did not think it was that good a purchase so did not bother.

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
4. Re: Price of gold in Dubai airport

So the price of a gold bangle will depend on the price of gold on the day, the intricacy of the design and the weight of the bangle.

If you are just in the airport then there is a large selection and also the sell chains by the inch so you can make your own.

If you are actually going into Dubai then there is a huge selection at the Gold Souk or the Gold and diamond park. You can haggle for best price at both of these places

Pontypridd
reviews: 4
5. Re: Price of gold in Dubai airport

Yes I think it was a little over £20 per gram when I left yesterday. I was interested in a necklace. However it did seem as though they just weigh the item regardless of work gone into the design. Are you staying in Dubai - if so I would recommend gold souk?

newcastle,uk
6. Re: Price of gold in Dubai airport

Hi

Thanks for the info we are just passing through Dubai on the way to Thailand I thought I would check out the prices on the way there and have a think and buy on the way back funds permitting !!

7. Re: Price of gold in Dubai airport

Does anybody know how much USA Dollar do I need to buy 60 gram of 22 carats gold from Dubai airport?. I will have 6 hours transit at Dubai airport on 5 th of November . Can I pay by visa debit card?

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
8. Re: Price of gold in Dubai airport

The price of gold changes every day so it's impossible to tell you how much something will cost in November.

Check the international gold price per troy ounce on the day of travel and then see what it would cost you to buy it at the airport when you get there - then you will know whether you have a deal or not

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
reviews: 139
9. Re: Price of gold in Dubai airport

As Latimer says the price changes every day, we bought a gold ingot and paid by credit card, I don't think a debit card will be a problem.

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
reviews: 139
10. Re: Price of gold in Dubai airport

Just to add, they actually showed us the days gold price on the computer to show that they were'nt cheating us.