We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Value Added Travel - Never again!

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
England
reviews: 12
Value Added Travel - Never again!

They have so let me down with my booking for this year, after being a customer for the past two years.

I booked last week I had to chase for the confirmation, told Friday all booked and confirmed. Relax I thought.......

Oh no!

Chased this week for some kind of proper booking confirmation as nothing received, only to be told that one of my hotels I have booked they have been invoiced back a higher amount than they expected so I can cancel the booking or change hotel was the long and short of it, or wait the never, never game for them to resolve with the hotel,

What a joke and a complete waste of my time they have been.

I have spent all day again ringing round, getting prices again as they have all changed in a week.

Anyway, rant over........I need a large G&T

30 replies to this topic
hants
reviews: 1
1. Re: Value Added Travel - Never again!

Who at VAT did you deal with?

Northampton, United...
reviews: 88
2. Re: Value Added Travel - Never again!

When I book with Virgin I sometimes have to wait for the hotel to confirm the booking ,but never had a price change , someone made a error somewhere along the line

are you sure its their fault ?

England
3. Re: Value Added Travel - Never again!

I have managed to rebook one of my 2 hotels tonight through Travelbag, cheaper than VAT were charging me before the mess up. All booked and emailed the confirmation before I even got off of the phone to the nice chap.

10/10 Travelbag!

Edited: 1:53 pm, May 30, 2012
hants
4. Re: Value Added Travel - Never again!

Chickengirl I dont work for VAT or anyone else for that matter!!! but have used them in the past got back last week and go again in 4 weeks , I was just going to say the guy I use is pretty good and was going to give you his name to see if he could help you. Sorry for trying to help, but no need to have a pop at me. I hope you have a good trip.

hants
5. Re: Value Added Travel - Never again!

Oh see you have since edited your post accusing me of working for VAT, instead of editing maybe you could of just said sorry.

England
6. Re: Value Added Travel - Never again!

Sorry amanda00 - edited it really quickly after I said it, did not think anyone would have read it so quickly.

Just seemed a strange thing to ask unless you perhaps worked there, then when I looked at your posts I could see you were obviously not an employee.

Very stressful day, thousand apologies!

Totally re-booked else where now and saved £200....Maybe it was a blessing in disguise.

Edited: 2:55 pm, May 30, 2012
hants
7. Re: Value Added Travel - Never again!

No worries chickengirl thanks for apology and obviously accepted, glad you got sorted in the end.

kent
reviews: 3
8. Re: Value Added Travel - Never again!

Me too Never again!! Just waisted most of Thursday & Friday ringing back and forward with VAT. They gave me a quote from their sale - I was worried they couldn't sort by the end of the day. They promised the prices would not jump much by next day - So very untrue - The prices jumped over £400 and then not even direct flights! Very unprofessional behaviour. Spoke with the boss -who we have booked with before. He was very apologetic and promised to look after us with alternative arangements. Im still waiting on an email with other options!! Poor service, no loyalty, poor communication.

9. Re: Value Added Travel - Never again!

I've used them a couple times in the past but when I booked with them again this February they messed up my hotel booking and their agent in Dubai weren't helpful at all ..no communication and total lack of consideration from them..very stressful time..when I complained to VAT their customer service recovery was extremely poor..and 3 months later I'm still waiting for my concerns to be resolved..

So good if everything goes to plan but if you experience any problems then very very hard work and no customer service/recovery!!

Edited: 12:35 pm, June 04, 2013
Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
reviews: 139
10. Re: Value Added Travel - Never again!

looks like it's better to avoid them.

Reply to: Value Added Travel - Never again!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted