We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dubai in July with a 3 yr old??

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hong Kong
Dubai in July with a 3 yr old??

Hi

I'll be in Dubai during the last week of July for 3 days with my 3 yr old son. Just the two of us. What do you suggest we do? We'll most likely spend 1 day at Wild Wadi and then eat dinner there or in the nearby vicinity. But what else is there to do with an active kid? We are not staying in a hotel but at a friend's place but she won't be there! Also she is clueless about kids :-). Staying in Business Bay....

Thanks!

Zurich, Switzerland
reviews: 7
1. Re: Dubai in July with a 3 yr old??

KidZania at the Dubai Mall is a must for kids!!!

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
reviews: 30
2. Re: Dubai in July with a 3 yr old??

Last week of July will be very hot and humid and also Ramadan so something indoors would be a good call.

Kidszania is great but maybe your son at only 3 would not find it engaging enough. If so I would take him to Dubai Aquarium and underwater zoo.

You should find somewhere in or near the mall that is open but screened off to enable you to have a drink and something to eat

Hong Kong
3. Re: Dubai in July with a 3 yr old??

Thanks for the info on Ramadan. I didn't think of it. Will it impact our visit much?

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
reviews: 30
4. Re: Dubai in July with a 3 yr old??

Your 3 year old will be fine because children are exempt from Ramadan restructions BUT you will find that all cafes, restaurants etc are closed until after sunset.

You should not eat or drink in public during Ramadan so go out prepared to find somewhere in an hotel that is screened off for non muslims to eat and drink.

Also some of the malls may have a screened off area of their food court so ask customer services in the mall where that is.

At Wild Wadi food and drink is served as normal.

5. Re: Dubai in July with a 3 yr old??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:17 am, June 21, 2013