We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

souks

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
souks

hi all.. is the souk madinet different from the gold souk . if so, what kinds of items do you get at the souk madinet? how far is it from the gold souk?

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
reviews: 30
1. Re: souks

Yes.

The Madinat Soukh is a purpose built 'pretend' soukh with high tourist prices. Personally I wouldn't buy anything there because the prices are so inflated but it is full of all sorts of shops and stalls selling everything from furniture to souvenirs - including the obligatory furry camels. It is in the centre of the Madinat Complex, which also houses restaurants, bars and a theatre - not to mention 3 hotels Dar Al Masyaf, Mina Al Salam and Al Qsar.

The Gold Soukh is a traditional soukh with small shops selling gold and jewellery and street vendors selling, well anything you want really. Depending on the time of day and the traffic it can take between 45 mins to 1 1/2 hrs to get to the gold soukh from the Madinat which is on the other side of the creek.

Another place to try for jewellery is the Gold and Diamond park. This is nearer to the Madinat - about 10 minutes in a taxi- it is also purpose built but it's all jewellery shops with much better prices that those in the Madinat. It has Air con too which is a plus over the sultry heat in the Gold Soukh.

London, United...
reviews: 25
2. Re: souks

The Souk Madinat is very pleasant to walk around. It was always quite busy when we were there but as Latimer said not the best place for shopping unless you are looking for expensive souvenirs. It has an excellent selection of bars and restaurants and the theatre is lovely.

3. Re: souks

Sounds like you know the Madinat very well ER. Have you been? Which hotel? Tell me more.

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
4. Re: souks

If you click on the name English Rose it will bring up all her posts and you can read her trip reports from February

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
5. Re: souks

On second thoughts don't do that because you'll get all her posts from the other forums she's active on too!!

I've also remembered that Rosie did about 4 separate trip reports each one covering a different section of her stay.

Try typing Valentine in the search engine and that should tkae you to the right one.

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
6. Re: souks

That didn't work either so I've been and found it.

It's called Trip report 1 - Emirates and Madinat Complex.

Interestingly Sifu you were the first person that replied to her post.

God! I'm turing into a TA bore

Dubai
7. Re: souks

U talking to your self lati???

8. Re: souks

Sifu back on line... No!, not talking to yourself Latimer. I just thought it strange that 3.5k posts, be able to advise on Madinat, but then ask about Madinat...I'm just......who cares..not confused

9. Re: souks

By the way Latimer you are spot on with your reply for Vixen.

Titsley
10. Re: souks

For all those that are still pats, i.e. not ex-pats, "The Madinat" translates to Madinat Jumeirah

http://www.madinatjumeirah.com/