We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi Fares?

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Leeds
Taxi Fares?

Hi Guys

Hope you are all well. I am going to Dubai on the 5th of April and wanted some advice regarding Taxi Fares as i dont want to be had lol. I am staying at the Grand Hyaat and was wondering how much i should pay (Approx) from the Airport to Grand Hyaat, from Grand Hyaat to Jumeirah Beach and from Grand Hyaat to Burj Khalifa?

I know that people will be giving varied amonuts but at least that would give me an Idea of what to pay.

Many thanks in Advance.

Adam

Dubai, United Arab...
reviews: 64
1. Re: Taxi Fares?

No need to worry, just use RTA taxis which are all metered. These are the taxis which you will find at the airport and outside the hotel. You will pay more if you get the hotel private taxi's, even if those are metered. I usually give a tip to the taxi drivers, 5 to 10 dhs depending on the length of the journey.

Leeds
2. Re: Taxi Fares?

Thanks for the quick reply. RTA I presume is a company name for a chain of Taxis?

Dubai, United Arab...
reviews: 64
3. Re: Taxi Fares?

Yes, it's the main taxi company. They are a cream/yellow colour with the top half painted a different colour. You can take any, except the pink ones which are ladies only. As soon as you come out of the airport follow the signs for the taxi rank, ignore anyone that asks you on the way out if you want a taxi, these will not be RTA drivers. Once you get to the taxi rank there will be queues of taxis waiting. From the airport expect to pay a starting fare of 25 to 30 dhs, which is only applicable for airport fares, from the hotel the meter should start at zero unless you have specifically prebooked (not usually necessary) and then they may put en extra 6 to 10 dhs starting fare onto the final cost.

Leeds
4. Re: Taxi Fares?

Cheers for that info yorky

Muscat, Oman
reviews: 5
5. Re: Taxi Fares?

RTA is Dubai's Roads and Transport Authority and they govern Dubai's licensed, metered taxis in the Emirate. Generally speaking they will be beige/sand colored with red, yellow, blue or green roofs. You will also see pink taxis which are driven by women and are primarily for women and children but they will pick up women accompanied by gentlemen but not gentlemen on their own.

All these taxis will have the RTA logo and a specific taxi number on the back, drivers will wear ID cards and these will show a specific driver ID number. These taxis are all metered and the meter is in plain view in the centre of the dashboard.

There is a minimum charge of 10dhs for any taxi journey regardless.

For further information google RTA Dubai, top right corner Dubai Taxi then on the left look for Public Taxi.

Leeds
6. Re: Taxi Fares?

Cheers for that buddy. Will i find these taxis outside my hotel too? (Grand Hyaat)

hants
reviews: 1
7. Re: Taxi Fares?

Yes you will find taxis outside the grand hyatt just make sure you ask for a metered cab and not a hotel car. As these are more expensive

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
reviews: 30
8. Re: Taxi Fares?

And just to clear up the fact that the normal starting fare is 3 dirham (3.50 after midnight) and not zero as advised above.

It's 20 dirham (25 for a people carrier) starting fare from the airport or the cruise terminal, 3 dirham at all other times except after midnight, the minimum fare is 10 dirham regardless of what the meter says and all the cabs are metered so you won't be had.

Your hotel isnot far from the airport and the fare including the standard charge will only be around 35 dirham - cabs are really cheap

Leeds
9. Re: Taxi Fares?

Cheers to all you guys. Your information really helps

SFO
10. Re: Taxi Fares?

How can some one travel from sfo to Ras alkhaimah ? seems no direct flight ? what is cost of cab fare or rental to hilton Ras alkhaimah from dubai international ? Thanks You