We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4 days in dubai

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bombay
4 days in dubai

hi

our first trip to dubai - march 15th to 19th - and we re looking to have a fun time - shopping, eating, sight seeing, and partying hard late nights!

pl advise on the must do s in this type of an itinerary!

London, United...
reviews: 25
1. Re: 4 days in dubai

I have just come back from 5 days in Dubai spinedoc. Try using the search facility for a start and you will find a plethora of information there to get you started!

The Land That Time...
reviews: 1
2. Re: 4 days in dubai

I would say that the primary must do's are:

1. Have a shed load of cash available

2. Have plenty of panadol available

Bombay
3. Re: 4 days in dubai

got the message :)

...... thanks guys! Looking forward to the dessert rose !

London, United...
4. Re: 4 days in dubai

Hi spinedoc you must be referring to the divine dessert Um Ali that I mentioned in my trip report. I made it at the weekend as I was getting withdrawal symptoms after eating it in Dubai. Please dont hesitate to ask any specific questions now that you have done your search.

The Land That Time...
5. Re: 4 days in dubai

Doc was probably referring to the desert rose a popular garden plant here. It's just that the spelling was crap.

London, United...
6. Re: 4 days in dubai

Well I did wonder- infact I quite like the name desertrose I might change mine......

The Land That Time...
7. Re: 4 days in dubai

Good choice - the desert is empty and forbidding.

UAE
reviews: 11
8. Re: 4 days in dubai

So much to do so little time.

MUST SEE:-

the desert if you get a chance (especially the beautiful red sand dunes further out (direction of Al Ain I think...I'm not very good on geography!). Try one of the tours and have a go at sand boarding, dune bashing, belly dancing, etc.

the sunset on Jumeirah Beach - if you aren't staying at one of the beach hotels...try to go to one for a visit just before sunset...or head for Um Suquiem beach (near Jumeirah Beach Hotel)

the many and varied new developments eg. Madinat Jumeirah (pretty new 'souq' like development with canals and a hotel ...really nice at night.

hotels like the Royal Mirage (especially at night) - elegant and sophisticated

Burj Al Arab - see it from the outside and take the proverbial 'tourist' pic ...you can see it from Um Suquiem beach at sunset. You can go in if you pay....or you used to be able to. Or if you are staying at one of the sister hotels. Personally, I prefer the style and elegance of a hotel like the Royal Mirage, but the Burj is one of those places that you feel you have to see and take a photo of!

The old gold souq - in town....amazing to see shops jam packed with gold and diamonds.

Dubai museum / Heritage Park are also pretty good if you are interested in that sort of thing.

SHOPPING

Mall of the Emirates (new, huge and with a SKI SLOPE!!!!!!!)

Ibn Battuta - (slightly smaller) themed on different world locations....some visitors like it because of these themes!!!

City Centre - now been overshadowed by the newer malls on the outskirts of town.

EATING

All hotels have some pretty good restaurants and those in town offer some excellent deals. Check out the local magazines for places and deals.

PARTYING

I will let other more experienced people answer this one for you. I know there is a great partying scene going on...but again, I suggest you check out the local magazines to find out where.

Enjoy your holiday and don't forget to leave time for the beach and the pool....Dubai is an incredible place! Respect its traditions but enjoy its progress!

London, United...
9. Re: 4 days in dubai

Empty and forbidding indeed - more like hot and exotic!

Bombay
10. Re: 4 days in dubai

hey guys, the plot thickens!

just cant wait to get my rear there!! Thanks for the super advice BB, appreciate it! Any tips on which company to do the sand dunes with ?

Specifically, Englishrose, we have 4 nights in Dubai, which nightclubs should they be at ??

:)