We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 young females / 2 nights in dubai / where to stay?

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
surrey
reviews: 1
2 young females / 2 nights in dubai / where to stay?

Hi, my sister and I (both in our twenties)are visiting Dubai in March. Time is short and we only have 2 nights (fri & sat). I am struggling on where to stay. We are not too bothered about the beach but need a pool & would like to be near the action, preferably within walking distance to a mall, good clubs etc. Can anyone recommend a 4*/5* hotel and which is the best city location for younger tourists - the creek or SZ road? Also, I have considered the Dubai Marine Spa which I know is a beach location but looks central and apparently has a good club - would this be a good place to stay?

Dubai, UAE
11. Re: 2 young females / 2 nights in dubai / where to stay?

Saturday night isn't really a clubbing night here. Fridays are okay but Thursdays are the big night here. For Friday, check out to see if Trilogy is doing anything, but Peppermint Lounge (that's at The Fairmont) is probably your best bet - which if you stay on Sh. Zayed Road is ideal. There's a new place 360 - which is outdoors but not good if it's chilly (which it is a bit now, but won't be by March), but not sure if that's any good on a Friday as it's been too cold since it opened for my poor bones!!! Don't worry about what's got a club attached as Fridays aren't a problem to get around. Wouldn't suggest you stay on the Creek though. Two newest malls - Mall of the Emirates and Ibn Battuta - are both on SZR. You won't, however, be within walking distance of anything, wherever you stay.

Dubai
12. Re: 2 young females / 2 nights in dubai / where to stay?

why do u say that about walking Jake....

if they stay at Crowne plaza they can walk to faimont or up and down the street to the other hotels.

cross the road and they can pop over to lotus on one..... (okay it is a long walk, but that will help sober them up after leaving).

Dubai
13. Re: 2 young females / 2 nights in dubai / where to stay?

And whatever you do.... pls dont tell anyone who gave you the idea.

I dont want to have mommy asking me why and how I corrupted their sweet little precious.....

unless ofcourse you got a hot momma....:-)

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
reviews: 30
14. Re: 2 young females / 2 nights in dubai / where to stay?

I have to say I'd agree with Jaky on the walking front. I walked from Crowne Plaza to the Fairmont one day last April and was begging for water, air con and some shade by the time I got there.

Although granted this was at around 12.15 pm and so it may be easier at night when it's a bit cooler.

Having said that this topic has a girls and a blokes perspective. Would any girlie walk through that heat in high heels, with full make up and coiffured hair to think of? I think not. Most blokes however don't have these worries.

surrey
15. Re: 2 young females / 2 nights in dubai / where to stay?

We won't be doing much walking during the day - I get the idea that this is pretty long and busy road but i know taxis are cheap - it's more the time factor - don't want to be sitting in traffic for ages when only have two days.

Hope we won't be stuck for things to do on Sat night as we are coming to party - not rest! Any suggestions of where to go would be great.

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
reviews: 30
16. Re: 2 young females / 2 nights in dubai / where to stay?

Small difficulty with partying on a Sat night because the weekend in Dubai for most people is Thursday and Friday. Other people have Friday and Saturday as their weekend hence the reason why Saturday is generally a quiet night. Sunday is a working day for everyone.

Dubai
17. Re: 2 young females / 2 nights in dubai / where to stay?

duhhh.... its winter out here.

your make up is most prob going to get frozen solid (well okay not frozen, but a little cold).

temps are 22c high and 14c low.

u will be able to walk - if desired.

but make sure u have a jersey or better still nice jacket.

yes taxi are available, but u will end up enjoying a little bit of traffic cause the trade centre roundabout is a bit packed in the evening.

if you going to party - which generally starts only after 10pm - u wont have traffic woes - well atleast not as bad.

surrey
18. Re: 2 young females / 2 nights in dubai / where to stay?

Yes - I realise it's not the weekend but will bars & clubs be open? I have been to Muscat and that was quiet on a Sat night but thought with Dubai being a much bigger city....

We could maybe change the days?

Dubai, UAE
19. Re: 2 young females / 2 nights in dubai / where to stay?

Suggest you go down to Madinat on Saturday night. At least there you have loads of bars and restaurants to wander around and if anything is happening, it's likely to be there. Really, you've picked the wrong days to be here. As Latimer says, Wednesday and Thursdays are our big nights. Fridays, you can find something (I think Peppermint will be best your best bet), but Saturdays are a bit dead to say the least.