We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

taking retired parents to Dubai

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
london, england
reviews: 4
taking retired parents to Dubai

I've booked a seven night holiday in Deira in March.The holiday is really fror my retired parents.does anyone have any suggestions as to what we should do out there.I understand that the jeep safaris will not allow anyone over 65.Are there any other things, perhaps gentler excursions thatwe can go on that have some excitement.Although we like beaches, we do not want to spend more than a day or so on the sands.Has anyone done a helicopter ride, or that amphibious vehicle?

Everton

Dubai, UAE
1. Re: taking retired parents to Dubai

There's a company here and I think it's called Blue Banana (try googling it) and they do all the hot air balloon, helicopter stuff.

One of the best things here to do that's pretty easy is to hire an abra (water taxi) for thirty minutes on the Bur Dubai side of the creek (have a walk around down there first, visit the museum, Sh. Zayed House, etc.), then cruise up and down and get dropped off at the spice soukh and walk through the gold soukh. There's also the first school ever in Dubai which has been renovated and converted into a museum which is worth a look.

Most people have an aversion to the word "museum", but I have to say that the ones here are very good.

Also think about a dhow dinner cruise from the Intercontinental hotel one evening. Seeing the creek at night is quite stunning and very different from the day.