We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help!!!!

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
The Land That Time...
reviews: 1
Help!!!!

Mrs BB and I are coming up to the holy city for a weekend. We know where we are staying but we won't tell you. We know when but we won't tell you. We can't be arsed to look anything up for ourselves so I've come straight on here in order to ask you lot

1. What can we do for a weekend?

2. Where can we eat?

3. Will we need a taxi and how much will it be?

4. How far is the gold souk?

5. Can we get a drink and what is the best local brew?

6. Will there be any building work?

7. Will Mrs BB want a handbag?

8. Can I afford a pair of Jimmy Choos for Mrs BB?

9. Should we have tea at the Burj?

10. What time should we set off from Muscat?

11. Should we have Friday brunch and, if yes, where?

That's it for now. Please answer within 5 minutes using a minimum of 5 pages otherwise i'm going to get pissy!!

cardiff
1. Re: Help!!!!

I suggest ...all that is the MIGHTY JUMEIRAH ,and you wont go far wrong and dont you want to know about the weather ??

Tony

Sydney
reviews: 7
2. Re: Help!!!!

And most importantly, how cold will be water be?

The Land That Time...
3. Re: Help!!!!

Yes! Forgot the weather. Also, what temperature will the sea be? What's the best shopping mall for S&M gear?

The Land That Time...
4. Re: Help!!!!

Tone,

I want menus, prices, phone numbers, best table locations. Come on hurry up. This forum is crap - you are all so unhelpful.

Sydney
5. Re: Help!!!!

SonofBB or Jaky,

This might seem a silly question - but I might as well ask now anyway. I am a single female and would love to go to the Burj for afternoon tea just to see and experience the place. Would I feel uncomfortable there by myself. I don't go out to dinner by myself because of this (hence miss lots of the places you all talk about). But that's the breaks. Thought perhaps it might not be so bad for afternoon tea by myself. Jaky, what do you think, being female yourself? Would I feel a bit too conspicuous?

Bargara, Australia
reviews: 13
6. Re: Help!!!!

Hi Studioworks, I am in the same situation,I was wondering about this too, I did read a review that a single lady wrote. She said it was fine.So I am going to give it a shot. I go in late Sept.Do you think I should book a few weeks in advance. I should hate to get there and they are booked for the 3 days I'm there

The Land That Time...
7. Re: Help!!!!

No! You won't feel uncomfortable but see if Des wants to take you (and get him to pay)!

The Land That Time...
8. Re: Help!!!!

One rule for Dubai: Book early!

Bargara, Australia
reviews: 13
9. Re: Help!!!!

Now thats a good idea!

Sydney
10. Re: Help!!!!

Hi Aussicruiser,

Makes life difficult travelling alone doesn't it? I am due to leave on 23rd of this month - although I have to say that the recent bombing in Jordan has made me feel a bit uneasy.

I am doing a trip with a small group to Cairo, Luxor etc, then to Jordan (Dead Sea etc) and on to Dubai for four days on the way home to Sydney.