We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

what should i expect to pay for a 'designer handbag'?

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
uk
reviews: 5
what should i expect to pay for a 'designer handbag'?

hello

we will be visiting kamara market while we are in dubai and i have never participated in any bartering before. i know the bags are fake but ive heard they are good fakes so i wanted to buy about 7 of them.

has anyone ever had any experience with haggling for bags ? what should i start my bid at?! i have no clue on what to pay..

i know its up to me but to know a starting point would be useful!

thanks for any replies

Dubai
1. Re: what should i expect to pay for a 'designer handbag'?

Just make sure no one sees you.....

Man jailed for fake Rolex watch

Publish Date : 10/27/2005 2:06:00 PM

A Belgian man has been jailed for six months for wearing a fake Rolex .

A court in Dendermonde heard that the man, named only as Gunther R, 33, had been spotted by representatives of Rolex wearing the fake watch and they complained to authorities.

The judge ruled the man had knowingly bought the fake and sentenced him to six months in prison under laws for handling counterfeit goods.

He was also ordered to pay a £700 fine for breaching brand name registration laws.

2. Re: what should i expect to pay for a 'designer handbag'?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:45 pm, March 10, 2006
dubai
3. Re: what should i expect to pay for a 'designer handbag'?

200 dirhams... Does it really matter.. as long as your happy at the end.. Not to be an mean, but guys/girls can spot whos carrying the fakes anyways !!

Dubai, UAE
4. Re: what should i expect to pay for a 'designer handbag'?

Dhs. 200 - if I were paying that, I would expect top notch quality. Search on here for bags, fakes, karama and you will find all the information you need.

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
reviews: 30
5. Re: what should i expect to pay for a 'designer handbag'?

Hi Jane12

Karama is a square with most of the stalls/shops around the outside there are so many selling more or less the same stuff - you'll be spolied for choice. It's a bit like the old St John's market only outside.

The staff in the shop will usually give the starting point and the 'fakes' are pretty good. 'Todd's, Gucci' etc. on gereal display but you have to ask specifically for Louis V coz they keep that out of sight.

When they know you want to buy 7 or so you'll get a much better deal if you buy them all in the same shop. Wait until they give you a price, shake your head and quote a price that's at least half what they've quoted you. After much enjoyable haggling you'll reach a price that both you and the shop are comfortable with.

If all else fails leave the shop and try again next door.

In April I paid £30 for 3 LV purses, an LV keyring, a Burberry umbrella and a Gucci scarf. All fake of course but who cares.

You must be getting really excited now becasue I think you go on Wednesday. We go on Friday and will be at the Chelsea Towers for the first 3 days. Have a fabulous time and please let me know what you think, where you went and how you got on with the haggling.

newcastle
reviews: 1
6. Re: what should i expect to pay for a 'designer handbag'?

My good lady went to Karama back in June and on the advice of one of the hotel staff went to a place called Bond Street. according to the hotel staff we were staying at this is the best place to go. she asked for a bloke called Sayeed who made himself known to her. He took her and her 2 friends to a warehouse which apparently had secret wall panels and the like. Once inside she said it was an aladins cave. She bought 4 bags Dior, Gucci, Chanel, and LV. 2 of them had matching shoes. I only gave her just over £100 so looks like she done okay.

birmingham UK
reviews: 2
7. Re: what should i expect to pay for a 'designer handbag'?

Well said ScottishFemale. That sort of publicity wouldn't do much for their tourist trade! Thats half the reason why us Brits come!We went in May and overall got our stuff approximately just over half the price the original asking price. I got 2 (top notch) Dior handbags £13 each(total 160dirhams), although the bloke did give me the look of death, but it was a quiet night, how could he refuse me? Got 1 mens Rolex plus 1 womens Cartier(which are still working)from the dodgey blokes in the Gold Souk for £54. Picked up Dior watch from Old Souk for less then a fiver! And never got arrested once! Karama a great place for "Original copies", but the other souks good. Just set yourself a limit and stick to it. Buy all your stuff together, it'll be cheaper, and ask for what you don't see, he'll always pop next door to get one! Don't be scared to walk away if its not up to scratch, you'll always find something else. Essential item for your trip...pocket calculator! Happy Shopping!

Warwickshire
reviews: 11
8. Re: what should i expect to pay for a 'designer handbag'?

I am watching this with interest so I am to go to "Karama Market" for my good quality fake handbags and to the gold souk for my fake watches and to ask for the special room for both but to go in the day not after dark.

I will be taking my husband with me.

Is Karama the best place to get leather wallets and belts from? my sons want some brought back.

Peruna.

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
reviews: 30
9. Re: what should i expect to pay for a 'designer handbag'?

Hi Peruna

Yes Karama is good for belts and wallets too. They also have lots of 'fake' shirts etc. My husband always stocks up on polo shirts for golf. In October he got 2 Timberland, 1 Ralph Lauren and 1 Armani for under £10.

I've been during the day and at night and felt perfectly safe each time.

London, United...
reviews: 25
10. Re: what should i expect to pay for a 'designer handbag'?

Latimer I might even get my husband interested in shopping if he can get cheap golf shirts!