We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Platinum Jewellery

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Douglas, United...
Platinum Jewellery

Hi guys,

For all those looking for platinum jewellery out in Dubai my fiance bought my engagement ring at Gianni Martinelli's at the Gold and Diamond Park (although I think they have shops in a few places). Just had it valued today at £5,000 and we only paid £1,500.

The Gold & Diamond Park IMO is a lot nicer than the souk although it is much smaller. We also looked in the Madinat Souk which is lovely and worth a visit.

I spent some time on the site looking at where we could buy before we went so thought I'd offer this up. I was a bit worried that I would have to settle for white gold but there is plenty of platinum jewellery to be had.

Happy Holidays!

Sam

surrey
1. Re: Platinum Jewellery

Hi there,

We are thinking of doing the same thing, and I have been looking for info on the internet to little avail, although this site seems good. Have you got any tips on where else to do some research?

I am a little worried as although you have had a good experience, other posting have had the opposite experience!

Thanks,

Sophie.

Warwickshire
reviews: 11
2. Re: Platinum Jewellery

Congraulations Sam and Si on your engagement and your valuation on your engagement ring ,you must be very pleased that you bought wisely.

I have mentioned before I would like to upgrade my 30+ year engagement ring to a 1 carat solitaire diamond ring.

I am just making sure I visit the right place to consider my purchase.

Peruna.

Dubai, UAE
3. Re: Platinum Jewellery

Mission, if you haven't already done so, do a search on here on gold, diamonds, jewellery, platinum, soukh and you will find quite a lot of information.

Douglas, United...
4. Re: Platinum Jewellery

Thanks Guys. I'm really happy with it.

To be honest most of the info I found on the web was about gold. When we actually arrived though there was platinum in all the malls we visited, including the Gold Souk, so I felt a bit daft for having worried.

My understanding was that jewellery sales were strictly regulated so chances are you would be safe to buy. Having said that we still chose the more professional looking stores and made sure we got international certification. It might help if you could research that - I didn't think to and wouldn't have known if they were having me on. Personally I'm also wary when the salespeople were really pushy.

Obviously I can't speak for any of the other shops but while I was in Gianni Martinelli another couple came in looking to have a wedding ring designed which wasn't a problem - they seem to be able to do anything you like so long as you're able to give them a couple of days. We are actually considering going back to get our wedding rings.

Happy Shopping!

Sam