We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dubai Airport-what's the minimum time for transit/connection

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
UK
reviews: 18
Dubai Airport-what's the minimum time for transit/connection

Hi

Does anyone have experience of transit through Dubai Airort?

I'm just about to book a long haul flight with connection at Dubai.

In theory I have the choice of 2 flights out of the Uk but my preferred dep time only allows 1 hour 45 mins for the connection!! I'm a bit nervous about this. Is this long enough?

The earlier flight allows 10 hours for the transit...which apart from being a pain in the b** would allow for any delays...however I cannot make the check in time due to coming off a night shift at work?

Do the connecting flights of Emirates use the same Terminal?

If you need to know the flight is UK to NZ via either Bangkok or Sydney.

Thanks

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
reviews: 30
1. Re: Dubai Airport-what's the minimum time for transit/connection

All Emirates flights use the same terminal - terminal 3.

Airlines cannot book you on to a flight which doesn't have enough connecting time so the 1 hour 45 minutes one will be enough - this does not of course allow for delays but if you are with the same airline and miss your connection due to their delay they will get you on the next flight. This could of course also happen on the 10 hour connection.

Dubai
2. Re: Dubai Airport-what's the minimum time for transit/connection

if your flying emirates all the way - then the bangkok flight will be - dubai - bangkok-sydney.....

just book with 1hr 45minute - so long as its one ticket you will be taken care of....

and if they try to mess you around, kick up a fuss and everything will get sorted.

dont worry about the "what if's..."

so long as you have sufficient time going and coming and not in a situation where u can lose your job if delayed - dont worry.....

West Sussex
reviews: 2
3. Re: Dubai Airport-what's the minimum time for transit/connection

We only have the same time for connection coming back from Maldives - 1hr 45, I am quite sure that Emirates wouldn't put you on connecting flights if they didn't think we would make the connections.

If not from what I have heard Emirates will try and get you on the next available flight, so you would be well taken care off and hey a few extra hrs duty free shopping ;-)

4. Re: Dubai Airport-what's the minimum time for transit/connection

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, June 08, 2010