We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dubai during Ramadan

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
HK
reviews: 4
Dubai during Ramadan

I have searched for Ramadan before I post this thread but I did not quite see the answers to my questions, so this message.

We are travelling with 2 kids (age 4 and 8) in late August (summer holiday when the kids can go on a trip). Just confirm with MOE that Kidzania, Sega Republic and the Observation Deck of Burj Dubai are not open yet. Quite a disappointment!

Thanks to this forum. I came to know about Ramadan. Can the Dubai experts or anyone here let us know if many (or only a few) shops & restaurants in MOE & Dubai Mall will be closed during Ramadan? If we choose to spend the day at Wild Waldi or inside the hotel (JBH & Atlantis), will the games or some restaurants be closed before sunset? I have emailed my hotels and Desert Safari asking the same questions but am yet to hear from them. My time of time leaving Dubai is at 6pm. Will I be able to catch a taxi to the airport in the afternoon? Many thanks!

Dubai, United Arab...
1. Re: Dubai during Ramadan

Shops will be open even longer hours than usual - I'm sure the major malls will be open daily until midnight or 1 am - but you won't be able to eat/drink in restaurants during the day outside of the 4/5 star hotels. Although technically you can eat from Maghrib prayers onwards (currently around 7 pm), some restaurants won't open until an hour or so later. Others, of course, will be offering Iftar, something all visitors should take the opportunity to enjoy.

HK
reviews: 4
2. Re: Dubai during Ramadan

Thanks Lizzie. Eating at 7pm or an hour later is a problem to my kids. They should be in bed by then. I saw a photo in a blog about travel to Dubai during Ramadan. Starbucks was closed! I don't mind not having coffee for a few hours but the thought of running into a deserted mall during bright daylight (to avoid the heat) is daunting! But thanks for the reply. I am trying to pull my trip one week earlier and find room rates are slightly more expensive.

I want to book Jumeirah Beach Hotel under their summer day promotion on their website. The room rates quoted are for accommodation only. I can't see anywhere that includes the complimentary breakfast (including that for kids as well) as mentioned in the promotion page. Can someone please share your experience? Thanks again!

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
reviews: 30
3. Re: Dubai during Ramadan

The shops and all attractions are open as usual, so the malls aren't deserted - there's just nowhere to get a drink or eat a meal.

Children under 12 are exempt from Ramadan so there is no restrcition on them.

Wild Wadi will have a screened off area for non observers to eat and drink as will all of the hotels. At JBH and Atlantis they will still serve soft drinks and have a pool service for eating and drinking.

reviews: 23
4. Re: Dubai during Ramadan

i caNNOT believe that someone from HK does not know of ramadan and the restrictions , FYI its prob the most celebrated holy event ever for most in the western and eastern world, oh and it lasts a month .

so prob not a good trip for you as you will not be able to eat and drink inn common places till its dark.

Dubai, United Arab...
5. Re: Dubai during Ramadan

SL,

you said:

" caNNOT believe that someone from HK does not know of ramadan and the restrictions" - why?

Have I missed a big world event where the Chinese people all converted to Islam?

The poster was asking advice, so to post saying they should know is ludicrous - if she (or he) knew, why would they ask?

6. Re: Dubai during Ramadan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 3:05 pm, July 26, 2009
Dubai, United Arab...
7. Re: Dubai during Ramadan

sL,

Thats a vErY siLly and innapropriate post and oNe that I'm suRe you'll wAnt to reTract in the morning.

8. Re: Dubai during Ramadan

there is a mass population of HK that follows islam, do you get that harry .

Dubai, United Arab...
9. Re: Dubai during Ramadan

SL,

Hong Kong has a population of around 7m - of that around 20-30,000 are moslem - hardly a mass....

10. Re: Dubai during Ramadan

harry, continue with your reseARH your good at that esp facts and figures

Speak soon

Sharon