We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how safe is dubai from terrorism? and when going out to...

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
uk
reviews: 5
how safe is dubai from terrorism? and when going out to...

hello

looking at the home office website dubai is a 'high threat' risk of terrorism..

i know people are going to say.. 'so is london' and i know this is true but i havent booked a break to london i have booked dubai so that is irrelevant.

we are thinking about cancelling our trip because of the threat but it would be a shame cause we were relaly looknig forward to it..

is the dune safari dangerous cause it says so on the website..i have got horrible visions of getting kidknapped when we are out ni the dessert. i know i am being a bit irrational but the world has gone crazy !

if we do decide to go ahead what kind of clothes is ok when we are eating out in the evening at the hotels?

are low cut tops, skirts knee level acceptable?

thanks for any advice

West Sussex
reviews: 5
21. Re: how safe is dubai from terrorism? and when going out to...

Don't cancel your trip to Dubai. i went three years ago and it was great. Also did the Dune safari thing. Great fun - the most danger you have is if you get carsick from going over th dunes. The hardest thing in Dubai is getting a drink as small authentic and very tasty restaurants do not serve alcohol and, depending on where you are staying, you will have to take taxis quite a bit but they are fairly inexpensive. I should wear skirts to at least knee length and probably tops with shoulders in and you'll be fine. Don;t forget to check out the mall - they have a great Zara and Mango

Have fun.