We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Iranian restaurant

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dubai
reviews: 9
Iranian restaurant

HI guys. Looking for recommendations again!! Want to eat at a really good iranian restaurant tonight but dont want to pay a fortune. Thinking about going for a meal about half nine-ten-is this a good time to go? (I have heard they are better later on at night). So guys, what do you reckon?

Dubai, UAE
1. Re: Iranian restaurant

The one next door to the Rydges Plaza Hotel is fantastic but no booze! And, as a plus, you can watch all the guys running round playing basketball. For a drink, you can pop into Rydges afterwards. You don't trust me do you? Otherwise, you would just email me!

Dubai
2. Re: Iranian restaurant

Email down at work doll-something to do with a server in London-how??? Only thing is, when the UK opens I will probably get around 75 emails at once!!

I knew you would know!! Do you know what its called? I was thinking of Al Diyafah Road as a starting point.

I dont even know if I like iranian food or what I am letting myself in for but my guests want to try it so............

Dubai
3. Re: Iranian restaurant

Plus it better not disagree with me as I am driving to oman tomorrow!!!!!!!

Dubai, UAE
4. Re: Iranian restaurant

I shall probably get shouted down for this but I think it's pretty much the same as Lebanese, Arabic, etc. This restaurant has been there for donkey's years and my ex (the local) always used to buy from there, which is how I know the food is good. It's not on Al Diyafah. It's kind of behind Rydges. Give me a call and I will explain as I don't know road names/nos. LOL!

Dubai
5. Re: Iranian restaurant

Will do. Nearly had some iranian takeaway at the JAFZ food court when I found myself in there that day! But restrained myself and decided finding DaimlerChrysler was more important!

Dubai, UAE
6. Re: Iranian restaurant

That's at the other end of the earth - well, the FZ anyway! It's where my new villamate's boyfriend works. Give me a call later and I will endeavour to explain. Personally speaking, I'd take them to Reem Al B and pretend it's Iranian! Very demanding your visitors are too!

Hey, go look at the London Forum, they all seem to be a couple sandwiches short of a picnic over there. If anyone ever says we use this as a chat forum, we should refer them to London. Talking about nothing doesn't even cover it. Most of them seem quite weird. Sorry Rose, perhaps "artistic" would be a nicer way to cover it.

The other mystery we now have is that Des does not seem to be British, as we all seem to have assumed. Where does he come from?

Dubai
7. Re: Iranian restaurant

OK will do. I had presumed that Des was from the UK too-but then english rose confused me by saying afternoon tea sounds strange to a person from the uk-erm didnt we invent it?? Tea and scones and all that?? Its not that my visitors anre demanding its just that it feels like they have been here forever!! Other problem is that they really know their food so I want it to be a decent place but your suggestion of the place behind rydges sounds good. It doesnt have to be posh just good food!

Dubai, UAE
8. Re: Iranian restaurant

You won't be disappointed with the food there, promise. I wish I could explain to you where it is. Text me yr fax no. and I will endeavour to draw you a map. That should give you a laugh. Almost as good as this morning here, our Chinese lady sales rep. was trying to repark her car and put her foot on the gas rather than the brake and drove through the fence. Even the police were cracking up!

Perhaps we didn't invent tea - perhaps we just think we did? Rose, please tell us so we know.

Dubai, UAE
9. Re: Iranian restaurant

Stace, just done a fab map for you! Let me have fax no and I will send it over.

Perth, Australia
reviews: 27
10. Re: Iranian restaurant

My fav iranian is Hatams- it is in City Centre and along the rd from Umm Sequim Spinneys, next to Diablo to Maria Bonitas