We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

do you think the building work will mostly be complete by...

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
uk
reviews: 5
do you think the building work will mostly be complete by...

hello

My partner is very put off looking back at peoples reviews and pictures of derelict buildings and cranes around the hilton jumeriah beach hotel which is where we have booked to stay in november.

do you think that by mid nov alot of the actual building work will be completed around this hotel? i know that dubai will have construction going on everywhere but i was just wondering if this particular project (the jumariah residence) will nearly be finished by november?

any opinions will be great thanks

xx

xx

Dubai, UAE
1. Re: do you think the building work will mostly be complete by...

As it's not just one project (and probably there are people who write on here who will be far better qualified to say how many there actually are), I very much doubt it.

Middle East
reviews: 1
2. Re: do you think the building work will mostly be complete by...

No! It will not be finished.

Dubai
reviews: 9
3. Re: do you think the building work will mostly be complete by...

I live in the marina which is really close to your hotel and can tell you that the building work definately will not be finished. However, I think that if you get a sea view room you really wont mind the construction as it is mostly behind you. As an aside I was at Le meridian Mina Seyahi last night and I would say that that hotel is the most unaffected by the construction in that part of town.

uk
reviews: 37
4. Re: do you think the building work will mostly be complete by...

NO WAY- sorry but there is no way any construction will be finished by then in dubai- there are numerous projects that are being built- there are2 palms around hilton area and there are lots of residence buildings going up road side. These will be going on for years not months. You are best to change hotels to ones that are not affected by construction- jebel ali; madinat jumeirah; jumeirah beach hotel; jumeirah beach resort; any of the desert hotels; or down by the creek. Also, the royal meridien isnt as badly affected. I would recommend changing.

Dubai
5. Re: do you think the building work will mostly be complete by...

Hi. The Jumeirah Beach Residence is scheduled to be completed by the end of this year. Looking at it, I would say that this is somewhat optimistic, however there is a good chance that the bulk of the external building work will be finished by then, with most of what's left being internal. Therefore, hopefully, the noise/disruption factor will be much less than it might be now.

Although there have been negative posts with regard to the effect of the construction work on the nearby hotels, there have also been positive ones, and I would agree that as long as your room is sea-facing, it really shouldn't be too much of an issue.

All I can say is that I live in Dubai, am frequently around the JBC/Dubai Marina area, and if I were coming for a trip, I wouldn't be put off by the work.

That being said, Dubai has so many fab hotels that one is spoilt for choice.........!

Whatever happens, the weather should be great in November, and I hope you have a great time!

Abu-Dhabi, United...
6. Re: do you think the building work will mostly be complete by...

I was talking to someone recenlty who is involved in the JBR construction and they told me that they have taken on a further 8 contractors to ensure that they have these building handed over to thier owners by the end of this year. So hopefully as mentioned before the majority of building works directly in front of the Hilton should be interior or landscaping of the grounds. There are many other buildings go up around this area too so there will still be consturction going on however as mentioned before I don't think it should bother you too much especially if you get a sea facing room.

Dubai
7. Re: do you think the building work will mostly be complete by...

I think the replys above are very sensible. But you have to think why did I chose to visit Dubai? If you wanted a purely quiet beach holiday you would have chosen the Mauldives or for adventure Kenya, or trecking Thaliand....

You come to Dubai because it is a growing, bustling meteropolitan, almost the only country in the region with a very active night life with great shopping and activities and great beachs aswell. For all of this Dubai has to grow at a phenominal speed which unfortunately involves construction.

All in all I think its well worth the visit.