We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From Abu Dhabi to Grosvensor House Hotel - help!!

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester
From Abu Dhabi to Grosvensor House Hotel - help!!

Hi all

My boyfriend and I have booked to stay at the Grosvensor House Hotel in October and our flights from Manchester get us into Abu Dhabi.

There is a bus service that will then take us into Dubai, but I've heard that there is still a way to go to get to the hotel once we get into the city.

Has anyone done this journey? Is it easier to get a taxi straight from the airport?

I was going to just arrive and sort it out from there but I thought it might be nice to be organised for once! This is our first holiday where we're not backpacking!!!

Thanks

Leeds
reviews: 4
1. Re: From Abu Dhabi to Grosvensor House Hotel - help!!

I presume you are flying with Etihad and thought about using the coach service from Abu Dhabi into Dubai. I flew with them in May(excellent service by the way!) and used the coach. The problem is the coach virtually passes your hotel on its way to the etihad officesand then you have to pay for a taxi back the way you have just travelled. Inquire with the Hotel to see how much they charge to collect you from abu Dhabi. Hilton Jumeirah charge 350dh for the service but I am sure one of the limo companies may charge less. One good point though is that you can check-in your bags at the Etihad offices up to 24 hrs prior to your flight, saves lugging them around until your late departure. Hope this helps.

Newton Abbot...
reviews: 1
2. Re: From Abu Dhabi to Grosvensor House Hotel - help!!

If you take a taxi from Abu Dhabi it'll probably cost less than £30, travel time 60-90 mins depending on traffic. Ignore any touts outside and go to the official rank.

Manchester
3. Re: From Abu Dhabi to Grosvensor House Hotel - help!!

Thanks to you both!

I'll send an email to the hotel/agent as well and see about a transfer.

I don't mind the coach on the return trip but when you arrive you tend to just want to get straight to the hotel!

birmingham
reviews: 9
4. Re: From Abu Dhabi to Grosvensor House Hotel - help!!

Hi

We arranged for a private cab from Abu Dhabi to Grand Habtoor (which is very near to GH) and it cost ud 200aed (aprx 27)

Manchester
5. Re: From Abu Dhabi to Grosvensor House Hotel - help!!

Thanks amr113,

Did you book the transfer before you left? If so can you let me have the details of who it was?

Thanks

6. Re: From Abu Dhabi to Grosvensor House Hotel - help!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:18 am, September 07, 2009