We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

a meal at the burj al arab..

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
nottingham,uk
a meal at the burj al arab..

hi,

can anyone tell me what price to expect to pay for a meal at the 7* Burj Al Arab? We are nto staying there but may treat ourselves to a meal there if possible, i expect it will be very pricey but just wanted an idea and to know what u get for your money. Also has anyone been for afternoon tea?

And is it possible to just go over for a drink in the bar on the top floor?

thanks

T.

Glasgow
reviews: 14
1. Re: a meal at the burj al arab..

A meal (dinner) is pretty expensive. We paid over £200 for a meal for two - though that did include some champagne cocktails, and a couple of courses. We wouldn't normally dream of paying that normally but it was a v special occasion so we just went for it! For what its worth, the meal was absolutely delicious and the service was fantastic - we didn't mind paying it as it was an amazing experience and we had requested a table by the window so we had an incredible view over the coastline at night. After dinner you can go into the bar and drink more cocktails!! With your drinks you get a massive tray of canapes (though we were so full at this point that we couldn't eat any more!)

We didn't go for afternoon tea but I've heard that it is great value for money for the amount of food you get. Plus you get a great view out to sea during the day (obviously more so than you do at night).

I'm not sure if you can just go for a drink in the bar - you have to have a booking of some sort to get onto the island, as you have to give the security attendant at the gate a reservation number. You may be able to 'book' to go to the bar, but others may be able to advise you better on that than me.

Felbridge, United...
reviews: 256
2. Re: a meal at the burj al arab..

We had a meal at the Al Mahara resturant a couple of weeks ago (the one with the aquarium). With a bottle of wine and water the 5 course meal was approx £150 a head. Food and service was excellent.

Rosemary

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
reviews: 30
3. Re: a meal at the burj al arab..

You have to have a reservation for something to get in - even drinks.

If you go on the Burj web site you can book a drinks package in the Skyview bar but to be honest if it's the view you want to see then afternoon tea is better value because you can see Dubai in the daylight.

Afternoon tea is about 300 dirhams per person and the drinks package is abour 400 dirhams per person

Sandhurst
reviews: 13
4. Re: a meal at the burj al arab..

Hi

My wife and I go to Dubai about 4 times per year (8 times in 2005). The Burj (as the locals call it) is a must, but you can't just turn up and wander around, so a booking for a meal etc is the form. Try Brunch on which is a 4 hour eating extravaganza (only available on a Friday). You might need 3 to 4 weeks advance booking, but the food is out of this world and the views are fantastic. Ibn Battutta is our favourite shopping mall, but you just can't go wrong in Dubai for service, quality, safety etc. Also, don't be put off by the construction. Once you are at your hotel, you will be in your own paradise!! Just beware of the slow service on the top floor bar at The Emirates Towers, but the high speed lift and views are worth it. Dubai is no cheaper than the UK (except for taxis at a third of the cost of the UK) but you are guaranteed just about everything. Finally, our daughter came on holiday with us 5 years ago and now lives and works in Dubai and owns her property......a testament if ever there was one.

Sorry for the ramble

Keith

Sydney, Australia
reviews: 28
5. Re: a meal at the burj al arab..

There is a search box top right. Type “Burj afternoon tea” press enter-Woo hoo up comes the threads! 11 on Burj tea alone since January.

nottingham,uk
6. Re: a meal at the burj al arab..

thank you all for your answers, all very useful, you are gems! xxxx

Leics UK
7. Re: a meal at the burj al arab..

Hi

I have just amde a reservation for the Sky View rest in July, we tried the 'Underwater' restaurant last year, and yes this was very expensive, £500+ however we didn't check out the wine price first that is what bumped our bill up.

The Burj have forwarded me a copy of their menu for the Skyview bar with my booking and it does sound very nice.

Yes you can just have a drink, we were staying at the Mina and they just made a call for us to go for drinks.

Enjoy

Bearsden, Glasgow
8. Re: a meal at the burj al arab..

Miss O,

I emailed the Burj for buffet lunch & dinner prices and got this reply:

<< Further to your e-mail, kindly be advised that Al Iwan Restaurant serving the finest International Cuisine offering Lunch buffet AED 350.00 per person and dinner buffet AED 375.00 per person >>

Personally I find the buffet lunch or buffet dinner prices quite cheap in comparison to the afternoon tea or drinks packages.

You may want to consider these options too.

Dinner buffet is from 6,30 pm till midnight - well that’s when food is served, but the restaurant remains open till 2am. So big eaters have plenty of time to get their money’s worth, lol. I have read some reviews on the buffet dinner in Al Iwan and they were all very positive reviews.

I’m sure that you understand that drinks are not included in the buffet prices, so you have to allow for drink prices on top of the price of the meal. Sorry if that seems obvious, it’s just that someone took issue with me recently, saying I was being unrealistic quoting these (official) prices without mentioning the price of drinks. I assumed, that unless otherwise stated, that buffet meals were always excl of drink.

Hope this helps,

leeds
reviews: 11
9. Re: a meal at the burj al arab..

Keith

do you know the cost of the burj brunch? also, can anyone post a menu as i'd like to check it out before i book.

ta muchly

Newcastle upon Tyne
reviews: 6
10. Re: a meal at the burj al arab..

I'd appreciate looking at the menu too if anyone has a copy.