We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Female travelling alone to Dubai

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
bedford
Female travelling alone to Dubai

My daughter is going to travel to Dubai in July and stay 3 nights on her own at the hotel until her husband joins her. Am a bit worried as she is a type 1 diabetic on insulin and also has a lung condition that has restricted her breathing a bit. Generally, is it safe in Dubai for a women on her own and is the heat bearable in July?? Worried Mother.

Glasgow
reviews: 17
1. Re: Female travelling alone to Dubai

In terms of being on her own, I should think your daughter will be fine. As long as she doesn't wander around at night on her own etc etc (just the same precautions any single female would take in the UK).

With regard to her lung condition, I would be a bit more careful. The heat in July is pretty extreme - mid to late 40s at times - and it is VERY humid. We were last there in Sept and I found the humidity sometimes left me a little breathless if I was out during the day (a dn sometimes even at night). July is even hotter/more humid, so if your daughter has a lung condition, she'd be best to avoid long spells outdoors at that time. Indoors, she'll be fine - airconditioning is EVERYWHERE, so she should be able to breathe freely whethers she's in her hotel, in a shopping mall or even in a taxi. (Unless airconditioning aggravates her lung condition - in that case there would be a big problem).

Her diabetes shouldn't be a problem either as long as she has plenty of supplies of insulin. There is every type of restaurant you can imagine in Dubai so she should be able to easily manage what she eats.

Advice from others may differ, but I'm only advising on what we experience in Dubai. Hope it helps!

2. Re: Female travelling alone to Dubai

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 pm, August 30, 2009