We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Currency Exchange

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Rugby, United...
reviews: 131
Currency Exchange

Hello,

I have read through other posts that the best exchange rate is just after picking up your luggage the kiosk by the duty free?

Does anyone know if this will be open 24 hours? As my flight arrives at 00:15am. The best rate I got so far is AED 6.81 for £1 from the post office, but I thought I might take the gamble and get all my currency from the kiosk in Dubai Ariport.

~Thanks~

Suky

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
reviews: 30
1. Re: Currency Exchange

The exchange just after duty free will be offering about 7.1 based on today's rate in local paper.

I am almost certain it's open 24 hours but there is more than one and the rest are situated outside in the arrivals hall.

Newton Abbot...
reviews: 1
2. Re: Currency Exchange

Suky

Don't touch the post office, their rates are awful particularly if you bring currency back home with you to change back into pounds sterling. Get your Dhms in Dubai.

I broke my own rule last year and used them for Singapore dollars, the spread when I turned what was left back into pounds was 15%

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
reviews: 977
3. Re: Currency Exchange

I noticed that the rate of exchange was better at Dubai airport before you go through passport control.

Once you arrive at the arrival terminal where you look out for your transfers, I noticed the rate was lower at the bureaus there.

Rugby, United...
reviews: 131
4. Re: Currency Exchange

Thanks for all your advice, I'll go for the one before passport control.

Cheers,

Suky

5. Re: Currency Exchange

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:21 am, August 21, 2009