We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

23 hour layover in Jeddah this January. transit visa??

Which Jeddah hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Casablanca, Morocco
reviews: 3
23 hour layover in Jeddah this January. transit visa??

I'm flying via Saudia airlines into Jeddah the beginning of January. I have a 23 hour layover and would like to know my options (or lack of options) before I actually book the ticket. I've read mixed responses on these forums about what the regulations are but I guess I'm looking for clarification. 1) Do I need a transit visa because my layover is more than 18 hours? 2) I wouldn't mind getting a transit visa as I've never been to Saudi and it would give me a chance to explore for a day. How owuld I go about doing that? Thank you for your response

1 reply
Geneva, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Geneva, Liechtenstein, Air Travel
reviews: 283
1. Re: 23 hour layover in Jeddah this January. transit visa??

1/ Yes, the limit if both flights are on SV is 18 hours

2/ Never tried to get a transit visa but I would expect this to be almost as complicated than for the others, especially if a female passenger is involved.

More generally, SV is an average dry airline, and Jeddah airport a very small one. Now if you are ready to go through the hassle of the visa and get a room in town, you'd discover a nice long city by the Red Sea.

Reply to: 23 hour layover in Jeddah this January. transit visa??
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted