We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Layover of 17 hours at Jeddah

Which Jeddah hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Penang Island...
Layover of 17 hours at Jeddah

Hi,

I just now booked a ticket from India to Washington via Jeddah since the prices were low. Since I am a first time flyer, I was allured to the ticket pricing and booked the ticket.

Journey is as follows:

Chennai, India to Jeddah, arrives at 15:15.

Jeddah to Washington, departs at 8:25 on the next day.

Only now I read posts in several forums that there would be problems for longer layovers (my case it is for 17 hours). I still have a long time for my travel date. Can I hold this ticket or cancel it now ? Kindly suggest me what can be done..

almadinah
reviews: 1
1. Re: Layover of 17 hours at Jeddah

Hi ,

To cancel the ticket, see the Office of Saudi Arabian Airlines in your country .

Best regards

NAIF

Penang Island...
2. Re: Layover of 17 hours at Jeddah

Should I not travel with this ticket ? Is this layover of 17 hours not allowed for Saudi arabian airlines also ?

Lucknow, India
reviews: 1
3. Re: Layover of 17 hours at Jeddah

even I want to know if the airline provides a complimentary hotel stay for long stop overs.in my case there is a 16hrs waiting in riyadh when flying from lucknow to london.

Penang Island...
4. Re: Layover of 17 hours at Jeddah

I read at several places that we are not allowed to have longer layovers at Saudi. But some say 18 hours is the maximum layover allowed. till then we are not provided any hotel stay by the airlines.

Geneva, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Geneva, Liechtenstein, Air Travel
reviews: 290
5. Re: Layover of 17 hours at Jeddah

The trick is the Saudi regulation is airline dependent. If you fly with Saudia, max transit time is 18 hours while with any other airline, it is 8. Since I doubt Saudia will reimburse you, be prepared to spend 17 hours in a small terminal with not much to do...

6. Re: Layover of 17 hours at Jeddah

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, October 16, 2014