We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 hours 10 minutes stop over at Jeddah Airport- Is too short

Which Jeddah hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
2 posts
1 review
2 hours 10 minutes stop over at Jeddah Airport- Is too short

I am travelling from Canada to India with a 2 hours 10 minutes stopover at Jeddah airport. Both flights - from Toronto to Jeddah; and Jeddah to New Delhi - are SAudit Arilines flight. I believe the luggage may be booked directly from Toronto to New Delhi. Not sure though. Intitially the booking agent said this time may be short to change the flight. But later confirmed with higher ups and told me it is OK to change the flights in this time span of 2 hours.

Has anybody gone through Jeddah airport with stopover of only about 2 hours. I have been reading in this forum that this airport does not have a good reputation of promptness and service; and things may be delayed for apparently no reason.

Any input shall be greatly appreciated.

Geneva, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Geneva, Liechtenstein, Air Travel
Level Contributor
4,258 posts
432 reviews
1. Re: 2 hours 10 minutes stop over at Jeddah Airport- Is too short

JED South terminal (that SV uses) is not that large. If you bought a single ticket, then your luggage will be check through. So 2 hours will be ample. Now if your incoming flight is very late, you'd miss the connection. In another country, the airline would accommodate you in a hotel until the next available flight. But given the immigration restrictions in Saudi Arabia, you might well have to wait for the next flight in the terminal, a small one with very limited facilities...

Toronto, Canada
2 posts
1 review
2. Re: 2 hours 10 minutes stop over at Jeddah Airport- Is too short

Thank Swissdiver. I hope that my first flight from Toronto to Jeddah is not delayed. Hopefully not; and then it should be OK. Yes I bought a single ticket from the same airline Saudi Airlines.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
32 posts
1 review
3. Re: 2 hours 10 minutes stop over at Jeddah Airport- Is too short

Hi:

I will be travelling via Saudi Airlines in Dec as well Toronto - Jeddah, Jeddah to Chennai and the transit time is only 1 hour and 15 mins. Please do let me know your experience about the in flight and the airport as well.

Thanks

Geneva, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Geneva, Liechtenstein, Air Travel
Level Contributor
4,258 posts
432 reviews
4. Re: 2 hours 10 minutes stop over at Jeddah Airport- Is too short

My reply #1 applies as well. As long your first flight is on time, you'd be fine.

5. Re: 2 hours 10 minutes stop over at Jeddah Airport- Is too short

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, November 07, 2014