We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travel visas/ravel itineraries

Which Jeddah hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bigfork, Montana
reviews: 4
travel visas/ravel itineraries

My sister and her husband are living in Jeddah. He has been working there almost a year and she will begin teaching at an American school this year. I would like to visit next March. Who needs to start the process, my sister? How long can I stay? Would I be able to leave, like to visit Greece or Turkey and then return? Could I fly into Jeddah from Turkey or Greece if my itinerary had me visiting those countries first?..Any ideas, thoughts? Greatly appreciated!!

2 replies to this topic
London, United...
reviews: 33
1. Re: travel visas/ravel itineraries

Your brother in law is the one who has the residency permit (Iqama) to stay in KSA. Therefore he is the only one who can sponsor you for a visit. However, I'm not sure he can because sponsorship for this purpose is only possible for close blood relatives, so the wife's sister might not qualify. He would need to clarify this with his employer. Although he would sponsor you, his employer will have to make the application to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (mofa), on his behalf.

Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
reviews: 39
2. Re: travel visas/ravel itineraries

Well your brother in law cannot make an application for your visit as you are not a close blood relative. Those who I know qualify as close blood relatives include, Parents, brothers and sisters, parents of wife only.

I believe in your case your sister should be the one to make the application but only if she has her own Iqama.

As with many things in this country, nothing is for sure. Hope this helps.

Reply to: travel visas/ravel itineraries
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted