We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Road trip from Jeddah-Abu Dhabi & Muscat

Which Jeddah hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Road trip from Jeddah-Abu Dhabi & Muscat

I am planning to this trip on 15th August'13 for 10 days.

Need help from my Trip Adviser friends.

Currently working at Jeddah, keeping Canadian passport, travelling with 3 kids and wife with my own personal vehicle (Toyota-Fortunner).

Do I need any visa as I am keeping Saudi Iqamas with Canadian passport?

Any insurance I need for UAE & Oman?

And anyone who has been experienced this trip I would appreciate for related advice and information.

I am going 1st time by road.

Thank's.

almadinah
reviews: 1
1. Re: Road trip from Jeddah-Abu Dhabi & Muscat

Hi ,

For Visa I think you should get a visa to enter the United Arab Emirates and Oman.

Best regards

NAIF

Geneva, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Geneva, Liechtenstein, Air Travel
reviews: 307
2. Re: Road trip from Jeddah-Abu Dhabi & Muscat

I understand this reply might be a late one. But 2000km to Dubai then 500km to Muscat (assuming these are the destinations): this looks like a very long trip of 5000km all together...

Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
reviews: 39
3. Re: Road trip from Jeddah-Abu Dhabi & Muscat

From what I understand you are travelling Jeddah to Abudhabi (UAE) and Muscat (Oman) via road. You do need visas for entry into these countries. But since you have an Iqama (Residence Permit) of one of the GCC countries, you qualify for a Visa on Arrival i.e you can get the visa on the Borders.

Make sure to keep your Company's employment letter at hand.

4. Re: Road trip from Jeddah-Abu Dhabi & Muscat

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, August 29, 2014