We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Be careful which Jeddah airport terminal you should use

Which Jeddah hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco...
reviews: 35
Be careful which Jeddah airport terminal you should use

Be careful that that Saudi Arabian Airlines uses the north terminal, which is 14 km (according to taxi drivers) away from the main (?) terminal. I was dropped off at the wrong terminal (despite the transportation being arranged by my local business host). I had to endure unpleasant haggling with taxi drivers (Saudi taxis are almost never honest- I reached this sad conclusion after about 8 rides around Jeddah) in a rush to get to the right terminal. One driver asked for 150 Dirham (US $50) shamelessly and simply shrugged when another offered 100 Dirham. I am quite sure the normal fare should be much less, since this second driver pointed out my poor negotiation position, “You don’t have time!” I ended up rushing through the whole thing and barely made my flight to Paris, and hope that you won't repeat this unpleasant experience.

Geneva, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Geneva, Liechtenstein, Air Travel
reviews: 362
1. Re: Be careful which Jeddah airport terminal you should use

SV (Saudian) uses the South Terminal in Jeddah, the North being used by foreign airlines. The issue is there is the tarmac in between. So taxis do have to make a huge tour to link both terminals! And yes, they are tough negotiators. I read however they will now be obliged to use a meter. How will this be translated in practice? Too early to say it.

2. Re: Be careful which Jeddah airport terminal you should use

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, August 20, 2014