We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Clearing Customs & immigration in Jeddah

Which Jeddah hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
reviews: 1
Clearing Customs & immigration in Jeddah

Hi,

I am travelling with my family for Umrah 23rd May. I wanted to get an idea as to how long it takes to clear Immigration and customs at Jeddah Airport. My flight lands at Jeddah at 4.35am and I want to book an internal flight to Madinah but cannot decide on the times for the internal flight. The first internal flight to Madinah is at 6.30am and the second one at 9.30am. Also any advice as to how long it takes to get to the Domestic airport and the what the taxi fare is.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

JazakAllah khair

London, United...
reviews: 1
11. Re: Clearing Customs & immigration in Jeddah

Salam Travelfan123456, the_musafir and Swissdiver (I know you are not a muslim but greetings nevertheless).

I just want to thank you wholeheartedly for taking the time out to give excellent advice. I have now made up my mind to to take cars on both legs of the Journey. Special thank you to Traveller123456 for such detailed narration of your experience which has given me an excellent insight of what to expect. I have one last request - I am going with my wife and two children and also my wife's younger sister. I have spoken to few learned people and they all advised that so long as my Wife is with me, my wife can act as the Mahram. However, when my travel agent brought the tickets over, he said that I should say that my sister in-law is my sister. Apparently immigration at Jeddah may ask me this.

Does anyone have any advice on this?

Again thank you all so much.

Edited: 6:09 pm, May 05, 2013
Sydney, Australia
reviews: 53
12. Re: Clearing Customs & immigration in Jeddah

As your wife is travelling with you I don't think you will have much trouble at immigration. If you want to be very clear about this than you may try and ring Saudi Embassy in UK to get clarification. I think you should be fine, inshallah

montreal
reviews: 10
13. Re: Clearing Customs & immigration in Jeddah

I arrived from Frankfurt to Jeddah. I was on a business visa. I landed at 7pm, I finally arrived to a custom agent around 11:30 PM. There were hundreds of pakistani and indian, hundreds and only 2 custom agents. At 9pm they decided to leave and others came back at 10:30 pm.

There is no water, food court, nothing.

I finally got out of the airport around midnight... Over 5 hours of wait time only to clear customs. After I shared my story with a few foreigners local it not exceptional but rather normal, many have shared 6 hours or more wait time.

My 2 cents, avoid Jeddah airport for international travel.

Geneva, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Geneva, Liechtenstein, Air Travel
reviews: 347
14. Re: Clearing Customs & immigration in Jeddah

elmalik,

There are lines for business travellers. While local staff send anyone there, complaining about it helps saving precious time!

15. Re: Clearing Customs & immigration in Jeddah

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, September 29, 2014