We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flying from London to Jeddah via Riyad - Extremely confused

Which Jeddah hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
reviews: 1
Flying from London to Jeddah via Riyad - Extremely confused

I hope someone will be able to help with my query. I am planning to do umrah in May along with my wife and have already bought Saudi Airline tickets online from London to Jeddah via Riyadh.

Now someone has told me that we’ll not be allowed to get on plan from Riyadh to Jeddah. The reason for this they say is that we have umrah visa and umrah flight should be direct to Jeddah from London. I do not understand the logic because our checked in luggage will go automatically to Jeddah and we’ll just change our plane at Riyadh airport, we’ll not be going out of airport. Connecting flights are common all over the world but I have never come across something like this before. It is so confusing and our tickets are not changeable or refundable.

I’ll really appreciate if someone can help me in this regard, we don’t want to be stuck at Riyadh airport.

Thanks.

68 replies to this topic
Blaine, Minnesota
61. Re: Flying from London to Jeddah via Riyad - Extremely confused

Assalamu'alaikum Wr Wb

My Umrah trip is coming soon and I just come across this thread, I'm in the same boat with the original posting. My starting point is USA but entering KSA using Luthansa in Riyadh then connect to Medainah using Saudi Airlines. My ticket is nonrefundable and unchangeable To whoever had ever been on Umrah and entering through Riyadh, please share you experience. Any advice that I can take to make it work would be appreciate. JazakaAllah.

Toronto, Canada
62. Re: Flying from London to Jeddah via Riyad - Extremely confused

Walaikum Assalam Wr Wb,

I'd suggest you to please contact Lufthansa in Jeddah. I had contacted them before so i could provide you their email address below:

lufthansa.jeddah@dlh.de

Contact them asap and advise them about your situation and do loads of prayer that Allah SWT grant you permission to see two best places in the world!

Once you land, please do not forget us all and especially myself in your prayer.

Jazakallah khair

Batley, United...
63. Re: Flying from London to Jeddah via Riyad - Extremely confused

Hi

I am travelling for Umrah next month in Air france, flying to jeddah via riyadh, i have heard that they dont let people with umrah visas go via riyadh, as i have booked 3 tickets and tickets are nonrefundable and it would cost me alot to book new tickets. My question is even if they cause me problem at riyadh airport, will they send me back or will they let me go through to jeddah but will give me lots of hassle?

Quick replies please.

Jazakallah

Abu Zahraa

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
reviews: 1,006
64. Re: Flying from London to Jeddah via Riyad - Extremely confused

If you live in Batley, I would ask Umrah operators in Batley and Dewsbury for a definitive answer. Already you have conflicting opinion in this thread. The Umrah operators I have talked to advise entering Saudi via Riyadh.

Batley, United...
65. Re: Flying from London to Jeddah via Riyad - Extremely confused

They advice entering saudi via riyadh or they dont?

Batley, United...
66. Re: Flying from London to Jeddah via Riyad - Extremely confused

I have asked operators locally but nobody seems to be giving a definite answer, would it be worth them sending 3 passengers back or would they let us through?

This is making me very very stressed.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
reviews: 1,006
67. Re: Flying from London to Jeddah via Riyad - Extremely confused

Sorry about the confusion and the typo. I have been told, do not enter Saudi via Riyadh. They will not let you get to Jeddah from there. Also if you end up arguing with them (airline staff or immigration officers) they will speak Arabic and will not listen to your English.

If you can change your ticket please do so.

London, United...
reviews: 3
68. Re: Flying from London to Jeddah via Riyad - Extremely confused

Hi. I will be going umrah in June 2015 inshallah. But an agent for visa only I live west london could please give your agent detail and how much did he charge for the visa. Many thanks

Reply to: Flying from London to Jeddah via Riyad - Extremely confused
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted