We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
TRAVEL ALERT: SECURITY CONCERNS More info

Oriental Batman

Brookline...
reviews: 126
Oriental Batman

This is a slightly junky, fixed-price antique store which you pass on the way to the Azem Palace. Well worth a look, I thought, and with reasonable prices.

Pretoria, South...
Destination Expert
for Damascus
reviews: 3
1. Re: Oriental Batman

I assume you are refering to the Azem Palace in Hama.

The Antique store next to the Azem Palace in Damascus is George Dhabdoub and is definitely not junky and does not have fixed prices!

Thanks for the information.

Edited: 2:23 am, November 21, 2010
Brookline...
reviews: 126
2. Re: Oriental Batman

Well since it was in the Hamah forum I assumed that there would e no confusion! What I would have preferred would have been to write of Oriental Batman as a new Attraction or place for Shopping, but the page did not allow me to do that. And yet I see that not all Atttractions are opened by Tripadvisor, since there are duplicates: e.g., under Aleppo there are three different entries for Beit Sissi.

George (Selim?) Dabdoub's shop in Damascus is indeed far from junky.

Damascus, Syria
Destination Expert
for Damascus
reviews: 27
3. Re: Oriental Batman

I wondered why this post was in the Hama Forum because I didnt know there is also an Azem Palace in Hama. It just shows you can learn something every day!

4. Re: Oriental Batman

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, May 21, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Hamah