We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Somewhere to stay "on the main street"?

Which Luang Prabang hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Paphos, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Paphos
reviews: 39
Somewhere to stay "on the main street"?

I have read heaps of great reviews for guest houses that end in "......only problem - a bit too far from the centre". The last one I read said "......and there are so many lovely places on the main street".

I'm looking for a modest guest house where I can be in the hub of the town. I appreciate it's a small town, but I will be there for 7 nights, travelling solo, and really want to be central.

Can anyone recommend somewhere suitable?

Thanks all!

Trisha

Edited: 5:34 am, November 10, 2012
Scotland
Destination Expert
for Cologne
reviews: 22
1. Re: Somewhere to stay "on the main street"?

I stayed in a Guesthouse 2 mins away from the Royal Palace, in a side street where part of the morning market is. It is called Golden Lotus Guesthouse, qnd I really enjoyed my stay there (review to follow very soon). I was lucky with the price, but in the main season it could cost over $30

Vientiane, Laos
Destination Expert
for Vientiane
reviews: 225
2. Re: Somewhere to stay "on the main street"?

The Phashoke GH is my regular - $15 peak season with fan & ensuite, near the post office and central

Paphos, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Paphos
reviews: 39
3. Re: Somewhere to stay "on the main street"?

The Golden Lotus is over my budget, but thanks.

I can't find any info about Phashoke GH - how do you book?

thanks

Trisha

Vientiane, Laos
Destination Expert
for Vientiane
reviews: 225
4. Re: Somewhere to stay "on the main street"?

i have their phone number but not on me - I' m in the north now. If you do a search on this forun I've posted their number before..

5. Re: Somewhere to stay "on the main street"?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 am, November 24, 2013