We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Big Brother Mouse Book Party

Which Luang Prabang hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Mackay, Australia
reviews: 21
Big Brother Mouse Book Party

We will be visiting L.P. for 3 nights in 2013 (Jan 10, 11, 12). Lonely Planet book describes the Big Brother Mouse organisation and the opportunity to plan ahead, contribute funds and be part of a 'Book Party'. This basically involves distributing books to children (especially those who have not had one in their hands before). Has anyone got any further information or first hand experience of this? I have looked at the Big Brother Mouse website already but I am keen to know if anyone knows about it directly or indirectly.

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 55
11. Re: Big Brother Mouse Book Party

My understanding of big brother mouse is the books they print are to show the excitement of reading with bright pictures, text etc., rather than just in a school text format.....

More children in Laos are attending school but a picture book or book for enjoyment is still hard to come by for rural families.... I think they also aim to ensure books popular around the world with young children can be shared with Laos children in a way that they can also relate to....

We finally stumbled on Big Brother Mouse an hour before we were due to leave Luang Prabang but next trip will ensure we visit and spend time there one morning....

cheers, baddles

12. Re: Big Brother Mouse Book Party

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:23 am, May 28, 2013