We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Golden Temple in Luang Prabang

Which Luang Prabang hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Fort Worth, Texas
reviews: 11
Golden Temple in Luang Prabang

Someone posted a link to Flickr photos by jumbokedama and the first photo is of a beautiful Golden Temple high in the mountains looks like. I can't find that post now to reply to privately but am searching for the wat name of this temple as I want to be sure and see it on my trip in April/May. I searched the internet but the temple that came up was Golden City Temple Wat Xiengthong but it doesn't look like the same temple. Can anyone give me the correct name of this temple?

Thanks greatly

Cuzican

lewes uk
reviews: 119
1. Re: Golden Temple in Luang Prabang

I have a feeling you might be talking about Santi Chedi which is certainly gold and around 3k east of Luang Prabang on a small hill, built in the late 80's... it looks great from Phou Si late in the day. Apologies if it's not the one you're thinking of

Fort Worth, Texas
reviews: 11
2. Re: Golden Temple in Luang Prabang

I looked up the picture on the internet, this is the one! Thank you

Amsterdam, The...
reviews: 32
3. Re: Golden Temple in Luang Prabang

It is near the airport and although it is a modern temple in terms of when it was built, it is really beautiful. The stories told in the paintings inside are really nice and the view is also great. Def worth a stop. I just uploaded some pictures I took there in October if you want to see: …google.com/AngkorWatTukTuk/SantiCheidy…

4. Re: Golden Temple in Luang Prabang

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, July 09, 2010