We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Going to Tunisia Sousse or Port El Kantaoui or Hammamet

Which Sousse hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Leeds, United...
reviews: 3
Going to Tunisia Sousse or Port El Kantaoui or Hammamet

Hi,

Thinking or going to Tunisia for the first time, in April, and just wondered where we should go?

We plan to eat out, and therefore only going for B&B.

We tend to do a lot of travelling/activities and as I am Married- there will be a lot of shopping, too.

So Conclusion-

Close to shopping and restaurants, (Restaurants need a good variety)

it should be busy,

and for the time we do go to beach- it is within walking distance.

Any help is much appreciated and I hope to add a full comprehensive review when I get back.

Thank you.

Saeed.

northants
reviews: 12
1. Re: Going to Tunisia Sousse or Port El Kantaoui or Hammamet

Tunisia is lovely and Port el Kantoaui is beautiful, the shops are ok and you have fixed price shops if you don't want to barter or shops where you can barter. It is very cheap and the Sahara trip is a must. Sousse is only 10 minutes away in a taxi. I have travel with my daughter and on my own and have never had any issues. Intact I'm staying at the Marhaba hotel Sousse on the 1st of may. It will be my 6th time to Tunisia but not to this hotel. Hope you love it. Just go with an open mind and enjoy

northants
2. Re: Going to Tunisia Sousse or Port El Kantaoui or Hammamet

Tunisia is lovely and Port el Kantoaui is beautiful, the shops are ok and you have fixed price shops if you don't want to barter or shops where you can barter. It is very cheap and the Sahara trip is a must. Sousse is only 10 minutes away in a taxi. I have travel with my daughter and on my own and have never had any issues. Intact I'm staying at the Marhaba hotel Sousse on the 1st of may. It will be my 6th time to Tunisia but not to this hotel. Hope you love it. Just go with an open mind and enjoy. Port el Kantoaui hotels are on the beach. Hotel riviera is good

Leeds, United...
reviews: 3
3. Re: Going to Tunisia Sousse or Port El Kantaoui or Hammamet

Thank you for your quick response.

I hope you have a good time too in Sousse.

Port El Kantaoui must be really good as you responded twice. lol

northants
4. Re: Going to Tunisia Sousse or Port El Kantaoui or Hammamet

Oh so I did sorry!! Just one thing, if you decide to go, if you get hassled in the shops just say la" pronounced ley" they will leave you alone. Please tripadvisor the hotels I mentioned and there are some pics I posted ;)

London
reviews: 21
5. Re: Going to Tunisia Sousse or Port El Kantaoui or Hammamet

For good selection of restaurants Sousse may be a good choice. Sousse has plenty of cheap and cheerful restaurants as well as the more upmarket tourist orientated restaurants.

6. Re: Going to Tunisia Sousse or Port El Kantaoui or Hammamet

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, March 06, 2014