We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time to Sousse & Hotel Maharba - help please

Which Sousse hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
yorkshire
reviews: 2
First time to Sousse & Hotel Maharba - help please

Hi all

i've just booked a really good deal to hotel Maharba -£465 A/L for 2 weeks end of march /april. I'm used to travelling in morocco and wonder how much different Sousse may be ?

Also i'm travelling alone but that doesn't bother me, however i do like to chat from time to time with other travellers, so is anyone going around that time ? or knows if Hotel Maharba gets many single travellers?

I've read all the reviews of the maharba and it seems to be ok, is there anything else i need to know, like good rooms etc.

Lots of ???'s i know, but finally i need to book a transfer, any recommendations for cheapest but reliable and cost?

I'm really looking forward to going, and any info / tips would really be appreciated

many thanks

Plymouth, United...
reviews: 18
1. Re: First time to Sousse & Hotel Maharba - help please

Sophie, would have liked to have met you, as I'm staying there at the beginning of March, so I'll be gone just as you get there. Also my first time to Tunisia and going by myself.

MANCHESTER
reviews: 23
2. Re: First time to Sousse & Hotel Maharba - help please

transfers4u. £7.80 ish enfidha to sousse return. always been good for me. last two visits i have booked coach transfer and been only person on a mini bus so super quick.

yorkshire
3. Re: First time to Sousse & Hotel Maharba - help please

hi

many thanks for your replies - Martin hope you have a good time, and it'd be good to hear how it goes. I fly out March 27th. And also that's good about the tranfers, it sounds much less hassle than waiting around with the T.C. coach and calling at all hotels.

cheers

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Hammamet
reviews: 28
4. Re: First time to Sousse & Hotel Maharba - help please

Hi Sophie,

Like you i have done Morocco many times as I have done Tunisia.

I am not particulary familiar with hotel Marhaba, but what you would experience in Sousse is the same as in Morocco. No much diffrent at all. Same chaos, some noise , som traditions, same hassle for local souvenirs shops and as a single female traveller you will get same attention from some sleazy locals guys as you probalby did in Morocco. (I am male by the way - Shame i don't get attention from local females!!!!)

As suggested above. transfers4u.com is a very cheap and reliable option for airport to hotel transfer.

Good luck

Cas

London
reviews: 21
5. Re: First time to Sousse & Hotel Maharba - help please

It can work both ways with transfers4u sophie - you are not guaranteed minibus to yourself and can be just as tedious on a coach as the T.C. transfer. If a transfer is included with my holiday then tend to stick with it - if booking independently then tend to use transfers4u.

Stamford, United...
reviews: 6
6. Re: First time to Sousse & Hotel Maharba - help please

Hi Sophie I have just booked transfer from Carthage to Sousse 3 adults and 1 child £47 You did not say which airport you arrive at.

Rotherham, United...
7. Re: First time to Sousse & Hotel Maharba - help please

is it Marhaba Salem you are going to Sophie?

i'm arriving on 31st Mar for 7 days.

would be happy to have a chat with you if you're in the same hotel or in a neighbouring hotel.

i went to Hammamet at Xmas and enjoyed it.

didnt really explore though, although i do fancy walking to the marina in PEK seeing as its pretty close.

usually travel by myself as well.

i enjoy my own company plus it gives me time to catch up on my reading :-)

Lincolnshire
reviews: 4
8. Re: First time to Sousse & Hotel Maharba - help please

Hi, I returned from Marhaba Hotel on Wednesday - I was a woman alone, hotel is very easy going, always someone to chat to. When I first arrived I was given room 1, I only stayed in there for one night, it was very noisy as you were just off reception and by the lift so you would hear people talking while waiting for the lift + everyone would walk past your door. Balcony overlooked the dinning room. The next day I was give room 128 which was alright - the problem with this hotel is there is no carpets along the corridoors or in the rooms, so all you can hear are people walking above you and moving the chairs etc + you can hear the tellys blaring out from the next room. I met a guy there, he was also given room 1 but he requested a move, for him it was third time lucky, funny as later on a met a couple that had been in my room 128 but asked to be moved as too noisy. While sitting in reception and watching new arrivals I saw 3 lots of people move rooms.

Sorry I can't help you out more - have a great time.

Dropping off people at various hotels was a real pain, even worse when going back to the airport.

yorkshire
9. Re: First time to Sousse & Hotel Maharba - help please

hi all

thanks for your replies, all useful might i say. Clashrockcity - i'm staying at the hotel maharba, which i understand is close to yours, so if you feel like a drink pop over anytime.

i'm really looking forward to going now

cheers sophie

Rotherham, United...
10. Re: First time to Sousse & Hotel Maharba - help please

OK, i'll look it up n have a wander over.

lets hope the weather is kind to us :-)