We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

marhaba beach hotel - sousse question?

Which Sousse hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Middlesbrough...
reviews: 2
marhaba beach hotel - sousse question?

Hi me and my gf are staying here this year and i was just wondering if any gay couples male or female have stopped here before and if so how they holiday went .... any comments good or bad wud be helpful coz im alittle worried as we just want a nice quiet relaxing 2week holiday

Gosport, United...
reviews: 34
1. Re: marhaba beach hotel - sousse question?

If you think your partner is likely to attract unwanted male attention while out and about, then there are a few simple precautions...

- Dress sensibly, cover shoulders, and don't wear short skirts or anything tight.

- Wear a hat or tie long hair up.

- Wear sunglasses to avoid direct eye contact.

- Wear a ring on her wedding finger, any old ring'll do.

- Don't flirt, or engage in conversation with men. It can be seen as a "...come on".

- If you intend haggling in the markets, then learn the dos and donts beforehand.

Middlesbrough...
2. Re: marhaba beach hotel - sousse question?

thank u, think i will put a ring on her wedding finger then this helped alot thanx again

Derby, United...
reviews: 60
3. Re: marhaba beach hotel - sousse question?

did the hotel has indoor pool, we arrive there soon

Antwerp, Belgium
reviews: 6
4. Re: marhaba beach hotel - sousse question?

Out of your message I understood you are both female or am I wrong....

In case you are and you would worry what Tunisian would think about you... Don't worry !

They would see you as 2 friends together on holiday and dressing and behaving modest will help but the man will still think you could do with their attention and try to get in touch..

Sunglasses don't stop them but it helps you because you can look at them without they see your eyes and it makes it easier to ignore them.

Hope you will enjoy it, Tunisia is a lovely country !

London
reviews: 21
5. Re: marhaba beach hotel - sousse question?

Gay relations between females are quite a taboo subject in Tunisia and doubt whether anyone will give you a second glance. As maenan stated the local lads will probably just see you as two girls and, to them, fair game. You will probably find gay male couples in your hotel - and again within the tourist areas no one takes much notice. You will have nothing to worry about.

Middlesbrough...
6. Re: marhaba beach hotel - sousse question?

thank you so much feel alot better :) i dont think they'l be interested in me as i have very short dark hair, dont ware women clothes and have my girlfriends name tattooed on my arm lol its very obvious im gay, aslong as we get no hassle it will b ok, think after this holiday ill stick 2 were im used to which is spain we just thought a change wud be nice lol ... after reading your comment tho im startin 2 luk forward 2 it so thanx again :)

London
reviews: 21
7. Re: marhaba beach hotel - sousse question?

Its the wallet/purse in your pocket they more interested in Claire, rather than looks or sex lol - seriously though you should have no problems.

Northampton, United...
reviews: 8
8. Re: marhaba beach hotel - sousse question?

have stayed while its true you will be ok as long as you only show affection as a friend 2each other but you will both get loads of locals after u even in that hotel they will think u both only there too meet men and if you let them know u gay couple then u both will get hassled more !! advise do not allow local to buy you any drinks even coffee as it viewed as a may be lol silly but true read tunisianloverat.com nb i enjoy sousse it ok all nightclubs are either next to hotels or in hotels where u are staying there are 2 marharba disco and la grotte lol most nightclubs are used as pick up joints and european pays the bar bills lol

Middlesbrough...
9. Re: marhaba beach hotel - sousse question?

lol we will be staying away from nightclubs, wer not moving off the hotel grounds anyway lol i only go on holiday 2 relax, drink and get a tan haha, wel i wnt have much in my wallet as wer all inclusive wer only takin money for fags & to tip them really to last the fortnight :)

10. Re: marhaba beach hotel - sousse question?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, January 19, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Sousse
Recent Conversations