We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cairo Airport to Downtown

Which Alexandria hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
AMRITSAR
reviews: 17
Cairo Airport to Downtown

I would like to know what suits best and economical from Cairo Airport to downtown Egyptian Museum because my Hotel is just opposite this Museum . What will be the fare ? Please advise .

RANVIR MEHRA

South Sudan
Destination Expert
for Cairo
1. Re: Cairo Airport to Downtown

Standard taxi fare, depending on bargaining, is around 80 LE. There is also a public bus but it will take a very long time to reach downtown.

Cairo, Egypt
Destination Expert
for Cairo
reviews: 7
2. Re: Cairo Airport to Downtown

there are a couple of options. Go out of the terminal and "negotiate" a fee to the hotel with the white taxis drivers (It should cost around 50 L.E).If you want to avoid the hassle and the headache, you can use the airport shuttle bus service; Here is their webpage

cairoshuttlebus.com/articles.php…

South Sudan
Destination Expert
for Cairo
3. Re: Cairo Airport to Downtown

You get 50 LE?!?! Man I hate the khawaga tax sometimes....

UK
reviews: 10
4. Re: Cairo Airport to Downtown

Amritsar, I'd add a third option. It is worth checking to see if your hotel has a courtesy shuttle bus directly from the airport. A quick email costs nothing and some hotels do offer this service.

Cairo, Egypt
Destination Expert
for Cairo
reviews: 7
5. Re: Cairo Airport to Downtown

you may pay 70 to go to Giza, but going downtown costs much less. The problem right now, they may try to raise the fee abusing the situation in downtown.

6. Re: Cairo Airport to Downtown

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, July 18, 2014