We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Unmarried couple policy in Cairo-EGYPT

Which Alexandria hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Beirut, Lebanon
Unmarried couple policy in Cairo-EGYPT

I am Lebanese visiting cairo soon and my british gf is comin over with me but shes originally from Tunisia so i would like to know if we can share the same room as we are unmarried. Thank you

England
1. Re: Unmarried couple policy in Cairo-EGYPT

Hi Huss K

I am sure that someone who lives or works in Egypt will answer this better for you but for now, I wouldnt imagine you wouldnt have any difficulty because how would they know whether you were married or not? It could be that you are married or in a civil partnership in the UK and that your wife / civil partner just kept her maiden name on her passport.

We have travelled with friends and family who are unmarried, and my nephew and his girlfriend had no problem at all. We met a number of people over the years in Egypt (that are from countries outside of Egypt) and many of them were just boyfriend / girlfriend or living together and I didnt hear them say anything about having any difficulty in sharing a room.

I think the rule of unmarried people not sharing a room in egypt only applies to Egyptian nationals but hopefully someone else will pop in and confirm this for you.

Have a great time!

YS

Brisbane, Australia
reviews: 31
2. Re: Unmarried couple policy in Cairo-EGYPT

The only people in Egypt who are not allowed to stay in hotel rooms unmarried are Egyptian Nationals... ie: If one or both of you have an Egyptian passport then you cannot stay together unmarried...

Abu Dhabi, United...
reviews: 213
3. Re: Unmarried couple policy in Cairo-EGYPT

I am not sure why you put this on the Alexandria forum when your question is about Cairo. Anyway all Egypt is the same on this. As Beezely said definitely if one or both are Egyptian Nationals you cannot check into the same hotel room if you cannot produce a marriage certificate. You will not have a problem. ILME

4. Re: Unmarried couple policy in Cairo-EGYPT

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 am, January 07, 2013