We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flights: Luxor - Alexandria

Which Alexandria hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
England, United...
reviews: 39
Flights: Luxor - Alexandria

I'm having problems getting on to the Egyptair website today so can anyone help me please?

I am under the impression that there are direct flights between Luxor and Alexandria, although I'm not sure which of the Alex airports is used. Can anyone confirm this and give an idea of return price please. I'm thinking of either a day trip or one or two nights stop over. All helpful information appreciated.

(Also posted on the Luxor forum.)

Abu Dhabi, United...
reviews: 212
1. Re: Flights: Luxor - Alexandria

I think you have to change in Cairo.

England, United...
2. Re: Flights: Luxor - Alexandria

Thanks. Yes, sadly that seems to be the case which pretty much rules out a day trip, although I am sure a day would not be long enough really anyway.

Option exploration continues. :-)

Abu Dhabi, United...
reviews: 212
3. Re: Flights: Luxor - Alexandria

If you are visiting Luxor then a one-day trip to Alex isn't feasible.

If you only had one day it is better than nothing but not long enough. You get more out of it if you explore and immerse yourself in the place.

ILME

England, United...
4. Re: Flights: Luxor - Alexandria

Yes, I agree that a day trip, even if able to fly up, wouldn't be ideal but it would have been better than nothing. It's all down to time and budget - as always. Thanks for you help anyway.

5. Re: Flights: Luxor - Alexandria

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 am, October 30, 2012