We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

please help! how to get to brasov?

Which Brasov hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Riga
please help! how to get to brasov?

i'm planning to go to brasov next week. flying in bucharest and then going to brasov. i've heard about taxi buses straight from airport... is it possible to get them without reservations in airport?

thanks for any advice! :)

Bucharest
Destination Expert
for Bucharest, Brasov
1. Re: please help! how to get to brasov?

The simplest way to get to Brasov is this:

- take express bus 780 from any of the airports (Otopeni or Baneasa) to Bucharest North train station (the bus runs every half hour from ~5AM to 11PM and costs ~€2 return)

- then catch a direct train from Bucharest North to Brasov (there's one every one-two hours, trip takes about 4 hours, tickets start around €9, full timetables are available on from http://www.cfr.ro/calatori/ )

The 'taxi buses' you've heard about are the Bucharest-Brasov mini buses (called "maxi taxi" in Romanian). They do pass on the main road near both airports but they don't actually enter the airports area.

In general in Romania mini buses are not a good option for trips longer than one-two hours (and getting to Brasov would take 2 1/2 - 3 hours, depending which airport you start from), they're too uncomfortable and often overcrowded.

If you really want to catch one you'll have to walk up the side of the DN1 highway in front of the airports, spot a mini bus heading to Brasov (they mostly look like this: http://is.gd/h3Fxwo ), wave when it gets closer and it will likely stop to pick you up.

They run once or twice every hour and cost about €8.

Edited: 2:42 pm, March 19, 2011
Riga
2. Re: please help! how to get to brasov?

thanks! :) one more question (it may be stupid but i'm very careful because i'm traveling alone - and i'm a girl) - how safe it is? i've heard that train is not the safest way to travel...

Bucharest
Destination Expert
for Bucharest, Brasov
3. Re: please help! how to get to brasov?

Traveling in Romania is safe in general (much safer than in many Western European countries) because violent crime is very low.

Trains are ok as far as safety is concerned, just don't leave your luggage unsupervised.

Riga
4. Re: please help! how to get to brasov?

thank you very much for this information! :)

Bucharest
Destination Expert
for Bucharest, Brasov
5. Re: please help! how to get to brasov?

You're welcome. Have fun in Brasov!

6. Re: please help! how to get to brasov?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 pm, October 27, 2012