We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport and Sights

Which Sibiu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Australia
Transport and Sights

I will be arriving in Sibiu by train (from Bucharest). What is the best way to get from the train station to the Continental Forum Hotel? I will then travel to Brasov from Sibiu - is it better to travel by train or bus? Any information in regard to transport would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Bucharest
Destination Expert
for Bucharest, Brasov
1. Re: Transport and Sights

I think you can get from the train station area to that hotel with bus 2, 5 or 17.

If you come from Bucharest by bus it's the same thing, because most buses arrive at the terminal right next to the train station.

Traveling from Sibiu to Brasov is best done by bus (the direct railway between these cities is blocked, trains have to make a detour so they're slower: the trip takes about 2 1/2-3 hours by bus and 4-4 1/2 by train).

Some bus schedules for this route are available on

autogari.ro/Transport/…

As for what to see in Sibiu and Brasov check these links:

www.romaniatourism.com/sibiu.html#landmarks

www.romaniatourism.com/brasov.html#landmarks

Australia
2. Re: Transport and Sights

Thank you so much for this great information - you have helped me so much for my trip to Romania.

3. Re: Transport and Sights

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, May 10, 2011