We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggestions for day trips from Kotor

Which Kotor hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
england
reviews: 57
Suggestions for day trips from Kotor

We're staying in Sv Stajije in early June for a week. We'll have a car and plan on doing maybe 4 day trips, so I will ask 1 simple question. What would be your top 4 options for day trips from Kotor? Please give your reason for nominating each choice (should not be more than 2 hrs driving from Kotor)

Herceg-Novi...
reviews: 6
1. Re: Suggestions for day trips from Kotor

There is a lot to do, but really depends on what you enjoy doing? City/cultural sights? beaches/relaxing? Gastronomy? active tour eg rafting/hiking? etc.

england
2. Re: Suggestions for day trips from Kotor

Cultural and scenic mostly, any suggestions?

Herceg-Novi...
reviews: 6
3. Re: Suggestions for day trips from Kotor

Most of the roads that surround/climb above the bay are very scenic. Assuming you already have Kotor Old Town & Walls covered then the other 4 could be:

1) Drive up coastal road to Lovcen/Cetinje - SPECTACULAR VIEWS & Lovcen National Park & Cetinje are well worth a visit too.

2) Lake Skadar

3) Perast & Islands (can combine with Herceg Novi)

3) Ostrog Monastery

england
4. Re: Suggestions for day trips from Kotor

That's great. I needed a starting point for my research, this is just what I need, thank you

Ireland
reviews: 36
5. Re: Suggestions for day trips from Kotor

We are going to be in the Kotor Bay for a week in July.

In the bay area I think climbing up to the fort in Kotor is a must. And checking out Perast and the islands too.

For day trips I'm planning to:

Have a day out in Lovcen National Park - seriously scenic road twisting up in to the mountains. There is an "Adventure Park"in the National Park with high ropes courses for all ages and abilities.

Have a day out on th Lustica Peninsula. Check out the very picture perfect town of Rose. Check out some of the beaches in the area. And from Zanjice beach you can take a boat trip to the Blue Grotto or Blue Cave.

I've got young kids, so I'm thinking that Ostrog Monastry might be a bit far them. Might do a day in the Lake Skader - Sveti Stefan area.

england
6. Re: Suggestions for day trips from Kotor

Thanks Niall. I am short on time to do proper research prior to this trip, so I really appreciate you passing on yours. That's really useful

Wien
reviews: 5
7. Re: Suggestions for day trips from Kotor

I wrote an review but it seems it is not alowed to review multi day tours !?!?!? I spent some time on it, so I'll let it here, maybe someone will find it useful:

I spent 4 nights in May in Tara canyon with Drina-Tara Rafting centre. We found them through their website www.raftingtara.com and came for few unforgettable days!

We was accommodated in beautiful wooden bungalows and good point is that we arrived by car directly to camp. Camp is situated just at river bank in beautiful nature. Our friends came by public transport very easy from Montenegro coast to city of Foca. From there Rafting centre providing transportation free of charge.

Staff is great, waiters, chefs, skippers, managers, cleaning ladies, I really couldn't find any objection to them!

We had two fully days of rafting loaded with adrenaline and breathless beauty plus one full day of hiking combined with jeep safari! For whole package with all taxes, activities, accommodation and food included we paid 150eur per person. Skippers was English speaking as well as managers and for safari tour we got English speaking translator plus great old guide!

Hospitality of this people is incredible as well as familly atmosphere-no matter cause there was over 150 guests in Friday and Saturday.

I was amazed by huge amounts of incredibly delicious food! We had like 5-6 different dishes for every meal and most of it I tried for first time-fantastic traditional food. I visited many restaurants in Balkans, but this one is winner although they are not only restaurant. All meals are included in price, as well as all other costs. On first sight we thought maybe prices are too low to offer any decent value but we were absolutely wrong! I was delighted with every moment!

Rafting was fantastic experience! Rafting center providing all equipment, neoprene boots, long sleeved neoprene suits, helmets, life jackets etc.. We had a briefing which last for approx 15-20 minutes and through that skipper prepare us for what is coming on. Heard from them that summer period is nicer for rafting with a bit less adrenaline, but much more beauty of river and nature.

Jeep safari and hiking was also great experience and my strong recommendation is to choose this activity with rafting. We was through unique European prime Forest, saw amazing waterfalls, and go hiking to amazing glacial lake in mountains, also story about history of area is very interesting! There are a lot of snow in this time of year in mountains although air temperature on rafting was over 30 celsius.

In Friday and Saturday night there was great party but in Thursday evening we enjoyed in quiet evening by river.

What to tell.... Thank you for organizing a wonderful getaway! Will be back for sure!

Jerusalem, Israel
reviews: 20
8. Re: Suggestions for day trips from Kotor

Marc, your review on Drina-Tara Rafting centre is really excellent, we are doing something similar end of June. Our comunication with Borko the owner has always been first class, but the two reviews in "Things to do in Foca" Bosnia are not so positive. If you can I suggest you post this review in "Things to do in Foca" We will update after our trip.

england
9. Re: Suggestions for day trips from Kotor

Thanks for that. Not really an attempt to answer to my question, but seeing as there aren't many answers, it's not a big deal. Thanks to Pixie and Niall for the practical suggestions that actually give me something to go on

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 3
10. Re: Suggestions for day trips from Kotor

What is the best town for visiting Skadar on a day trip from Kotor? Would you suggest Rijeka Crnojevica or Virpazar or both?

Get answers to your questions about Kotor