We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kotor & Herceg Novi

Which Kotor hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Perth
Kotor & Herceg Novi

Hi

We have 5 nights in Montenegro - arriving into Dubrovnik 18 July and thinking that we would go straight by coach to Herceg Novi for 2 nights, then spend 3 nights in Kotor. Had booked into Podgorica but am told that I'm better off staying at Herceg Novi & Kotor.I would appreciate comments on whether it's worth going to Podgorica & hotel recommendations in Herceg Novi & Kotor.

Many thanks

Pavper

Belgrade, Serbia
1. Re: Kotor & Herceg Novi

Definitely stay at the coast. Explore the KOtor bay it is worth it. Or you may sspend one day trip to visit Cetinje or Lovcen. Lovcen nis just above Kotor, and Cetinjne is I think one hour drive (am not sure though) from Kotorr.

Anyhow, Kotor bay has a lot to offer, I would stay there.

craiova
reviews: 44
2. Re: Kotor & Herceg Novi

Hy. Podgorita is the main town (120.000 inhabitants), but is nothing to see. Kotor is very verry nice, with a fortace and beautiful wals.One day enough for Kotor. One day you can make a trip by boat to all the bay( a fiord infact), and to see Perast, one very small old venetian town, with 2 islans. In one oh them is a very romantic church. You can do a trip to Budva, and see the old STARI GRAD( old town in serbian language), and do bath. Cetinje is no spectaculos. It is a monastery, ortodoxe, and is valuabale for as, the ortodoxe, is there the right hand oh Saint Joan the Baptist there. Nice History. Lovcen is near, but i havent been there.

Perth
3. Re: Kotor & Herceg Novi

Thank you all.

4. Re: Kotor & Herceg Novi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:39 am, December 14, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Kotor