We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Old road to Cetinje and Lovcen

Which Kotor hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles
reviews: 15
Old road to Cetinje and Lovcen

Can anyone tell me, without stops how long it takes to drive from Kotor to Cetinje via the Old Road. And also, from Cetinje to the top of Lovcen and the mausoleum. I'll be making the drive on Monday, June 10th by myself.

The next question is where should I stop along the way?

Thanks!

- jason

Belgrade, Serbia
Destination Expert
for Belgrade
1. Re: Old road to Cetinje and Lovcen

am not sure, but you have to check if the old road is passable. if it is, it shouldnt take you more than 2-3 hours (probably less, this is just an assumption). stop anywhere over the kotor bay, for the view. am sure you can get all info, at the local tourist office.

when you are there, dont miss perast and two small islands, our lady of the rock (gospa od skrpjela) and st george island. also, there is great restaurant called stari mlini, on the way from kotor to perast. some 10-15 minutes drive from kotor.

hope i helped.

Northampton
reviews: 1
2. Re: Old road to Cetinje and Lovcen

Hi Jason, I hope by this time you have experienced the joys of the Kotor to Cetinje mountain road. It is reasonably well surfaced and a great challenge to the motorcyclist. It can be fast and fun accompanied by much boot of peg scraping. I was riding a Yamaha FJR 1300, fully laden with panniers, top box and wife. This road is one of Motorcycling MUSTS.

No worries getting into or out of Montenegro, little bureacracy and no Insurance requests at all.

This trip only took a couople of hours, and that included viewing stops and a coffe break. We did the trip on the 1st September 2009

Regards

Whitters (England)

3. Re: Old road to Cetinje and Lovcen

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:23 am, March 23, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Kotor