We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day Trip to Pag, Dugi Otok, or Ugljan/Pasman

Which Zadar hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lincoln, Nebraska
reviews: 3
Day Trip to Pag, Dugi Otok, or Ugljan/Pasman

Hello!

We are going to visit Zadar this September. We are staying for 3 nights, and plan to do one day of looking around Zadar, one day visiting Plitvice, and one day doing a day trip.

Now, we want to do a day trip to an island, and I believe I have it narrowed down to either Pag, Dugi Otok, or Ugljan/Pasman. My question is, which one of these would be best for us? We want something that is relatively easy to get to. We will have a rental car, so a car ferry would be an option (I thought taking the ferry to Dugi Otok or Ugljan/Pasman and driving the length of the island would be fun).

We are looking for nice little villages, good scenery, perhaps a good beach for swimming, basically a nice Croatian island experience. Is any one of these islands better than the others for us?

Thanks!

Atlanta
reviews: 7
1. Re: Day Trip to Pag, Dugi Otok, or Ugljan/Pasman

You don't need to go to island. Go instead to Nin. Great place. Do a little research.

croatia-beaches.com/best/ninska_laguna_beach…

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Zadar
reviews: 2
2. Re: Day Trip to Pag, Dugi Otok, or Ugljan/Pasman

Hi,

I would choose Ugljan/Pasman. Our trip that is coming up I was hoping to do a day trip to Dugi Otok as I haven’t been there yet but it is hard to get a ferry over for just the day. You would have to stay overnight. I could have missed something and there is one but I just couldn’t find it. If you search and find one let me know.

I have done numerous day trips to the village of kukljica on Ugljan as that is where my Dad is from. I think it is a lovely little village.

http://www.kukljica.hr/eng/kukljica/index.asp

You can easily catch a ferry from Zadar to Preko and then drive down the island and stop at the villages. Then you can cross over the bridge and have a look at Pasman and to get back to Zadar catch a ferry from Pasman to Biograd na Moru. You get to see to see two Islands on the same day.

On the ferry crossing over to Ugljan I love looking back at Zadar and seeing Zadar with all the mountains in the background...so pretty.

Have a wonderful time in Zadar.

Edited: 8:14 pm, August 14, 2012
Porec, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Istria, Croatia
reviews: 16
3. Re: Day Trip to Pag, Dugi Otok, or Ugljan/Pasman

Zadarfan has said it nicely and I would concur. Kukljica is a great and interesting little place. And it's true that Zadar and the mountains are picturesque and lovely (from both Zadar and the ferry).

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Berlin
reviews: 8
4. Re: Day Trip to Pag, Dugi Otok, or Ugljan/Pasman

We stayed in Bibinje last summer and did trip to Pasman and Ugljan, in that order. I loved sailing INTO Zadar with that view ahead.

We drove along Pag en route to Istria at end of the week in Dalmatia. The scenery on Pag is remarkable but not pretty! google for images.

Edited: 10:11 am, August 15, 2012
Lincoln, Nebraska
reviews: 3
5. Re: Day Trip to Pag, Dugi Otok, or Ugljan/Pasman

Thanks guys! How about good beaches on Ugljan/Pasman? Any recommendations?

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Zadar
6. Re: Day Trip to Pag, Dugi Otok, or Ugljan/Pasman

As we have only gone on day trips to visit people I haven’t been to any of the beaches so I can’t recommend any. I did find some for you around Kukljica. Kostanj beach looks nice.

www.crobeaches.com/en/kostanj-beach-kubljica/

www.crobeaches.com/en/sabusa-beach-kukljica/

crobeaches.com/en/mala-sabusa-beach-kukljica/

lotos-croatia.com/en/…

crobeaches.com/en/…

Edited: 8:06 pm, August 15, 2012
London, United...
reviews: 14
7. Re: Day Trip to Pag, Dugi Otok, or Ugljan/Pasman

Kostanj beach is covered in rubbish although the locals rake it every day. Also a rubbish dump in the woods around the beach, and there was so much broken glass on the beach, you couldn't lie down on it!

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Zadar
8. Re: Day Trip to Pag, Dugi Otok, or Ugljan/Pasman

That’s no good. We returned from Croatia a couple of weeks ago and while we were there we had a look at Sabusa beach and I can definitely say there is no rubbish around there. I even have photos to prove it. The sea bottom is sandy and the actual beach is paved. I suppose that makes it a little more comfortable to sunbathe on instead of pebbles. I now wish we had a look at Kostanj beach to see for ourselves.

Dubrovnik, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik, Zadar, Croatia
reviews: 11
9. Re: Day Trip to Pag, Dugi Otok, or Ugljan/Pasman

There are several GREAT sandy beaches on Pasman and Ugljan. But, my favorite island of all of them is definitely Dugi Otok... Probabbly the most beautiful island in the country although it lacks charming towns like bigger, central Dalmatian islands have.

10. Re: Day Trip to Pag, Dugi Otok, or Ugljan/Pasman

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:15 pm, December 16, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Zadar