We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Zadar airport to Brodarica near Šibenik

Which Zadar hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
reviews: 3
Zadar airport to Brodarica near Šibenik

Hi!

We are arriving at 8.30pm into Zadar airport and need to get to Brodarica nr Šibenik. The cheapest taxi ride I could find online is 660 kn. I'm wondering if there are any cheaper options involving public transport. On www.autobusni-kolodvor.com, I can see a bus from Zadar to Šibenik at 22:45 arriving at midnight, with tickets bookable online at CroatiaBus.

The questions I'd like to check with you are:

1 - If we book bus tickets online, will we be guaranteed the seats? It's a very long-distance bus (Zagreb-Dubrovnik) and this being Friday night, I'm a bit worried.

2 - How much would a taxi cost from Šibenik bus station to Brodarica and how to make sure we don't get ripped off as tourists? Will there be taxis waiting in Šibenik at midnight or it's better to prebook?

3 - Are there any other public transport options that I might have overlooked?

Many thanks!

Mikhail

London, United...
1. Re: Zadar airport to Brodarica near Šibenik

PS. On www.balkanviator.com, I also found an earlier bus from Zadar to Šibenik (22:00) operated by Cazmatrans (route Rijeka - Split). I don't think it is bookable online, and I couldn't confirm this route with other sources (including their own website). How likely it is that this bus is actually running and that there will be seats? There is a phone number for Cazmatrans office in Zadar (023/224-503), but I'm afraid they wouldn't speak English. If anyone who speaks Croatian could call them to double-check I'd be most grateful. Thanks a lot!

Rijeka
reviews: 1
2. Re: Zadar airport to Brodarica near Šibenik

Relax.The coastal route Zadar (Sibenik) Split is fairly busy and served with plenty of bus runs so you'll get there in reasonable time.

If still not happy look for the car hire with no drop off surcharge. ( uni-rent.hr or similar)

London, United...
3. Re: Zadar airport to Brodarica near Šibenik

Hmm - renting a car with no drop off surcharge at a different location may be a good idea, will have a look, thanks!

Parma, Italy
Destination Expert
for Parma, Cremona, Zadar
reviews: 47
4. Re: Zadar airport to Brodarica near Šibenik

The line from Zadar to Sibenik usually is available even during the night. And usually you don't need to book anything.I checked it now, so I would take the cab from the airport to the main bus station in Zadar and take the first bus available for Sibenik. There are different lines: 00.00, 2:30, 3:10....

5. Re: Zadar airport to Brodarica near Šibenik

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, August 21, 2013