We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel from Vienna through Zagreb to Zadar

Which Zadar hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Moscow, Russia
Travel from Vienna through Zagreb to Zadar

Hello everyone!

I want to travel from Vienna to Zadar this September. Unfortunately (or fortunately?), I'll go to this trip alone and I want to divine possible problems. I found a direct train from Vienna which arrive to Zagreb at 22 o'clock. Then I need to get a bus to Zadar which goes every hour. As you know it will be night and I don't know what I can to do at night.

Can you give me an advice how I can to reach Zadar in the evening to be at the hotel before night?Or I can't do this because of timetable of train from Vienna?

Zagreb, Croatia
1. Re: Travel from Vienna through Zagreb to Zadar

Bus?

There is a bus departing Vienna 8am, arriving Zagreb 1pm, so you just proceed to Zadar from there.

http://akz.hr/default.aspx?id=261

(For Vienna write WIEN)

Moscow, Russia
2. Re: Travel from Vienna through Zagreb to Zadar

Oh, thank you soooo much!Great!

Can I ask a couple of important question?I see you are from Zagreb...

Can you tell me please how long it take to reach to bus stop (where I'll be from Vienna) to Zadar.

And how I can book a ticket from website you mentioned?

And can I have an opportunity to see an Alps through my trip from Vienna?By accident you know...

Zagreb, Croatia
3. Re: Travel from Vienna through Zagreb to Zadar

Hello Irina, you are welcome

The route this bus takes is through south-eastern Austria and eastern Slovenia so not much Alps along the way. To reserve the ticket Vienna to Zagreb, try EL Blaguss (they operate this line)

www.eurolines.at/en/home/tickets_booking/vib/

Zagreb to Zadar takes 3-4 hrs (be sure to take the direct bus that takes the motorway - these buses are faster).

Buses Zagreb to Zadar are frequent so I don't think you need to reserve, but if you want, you can reserve the ticket by calling this number:

+385 1 6112 789

http://akz.hr/default.aspx?id=265

Moscow, Russia
4. Re: Travel from Vienna through Zagreb to Zadar

You know, EuroLines have a direct bus from Vienna to Zadar!I wrote them by mail. Hope they 'll answer before September:)

I meant how long time I need to reach from one bus stop where I arrive from Vienna (if I use Autobusni Kolodvor Zagreb) to second bus stop where I'll depart to Zadar. If you know, of course.

Actually, I like route and timetable you mentioned (Autobusni Kolodvor Zagreb), but it doesn't state a price and it doesn't have on online booking.

Zagreb, Croatia
5. Re: Travel from Vienna through Zagreb to Zadar

Switching buses in Zagreb is easy: you will arrive from Vienna to Autobusni kolodvor (central bus station), and you will depart to Zadar from there. No worries with that.

No online booking on that site, if you want you can reserve the ticket by phone. Prices are shown, Zagreb - Zadar ranges from 105 to 140 kuna (1 euro = 7,5 kuna)

Split, Croatia
reviews: 12
6. Re: Travel from Vienna through Zagreb to Zadar

Hi Irena, the bus from Vienna stops at same bus station as where the bus for Zadar departure, so it should be pretty easy.

Online booking of ticket is still not generally available in Croatia, price for trip will be around 120-140 kuna.

Best, Morten

Moscow, Russia
7. Re: Travel from Vienna through Zagreb to Zadar

Thanks both of you for useful information!

Edited: 3:21 am, July 13, 2012
Pittsburgh
8. Re: Travel from Vienna through Zagreb to Zadar

Hi, We would like to tour croatia with a guide or a tour company can you please help us with suggestions. A foodie tour would be great. We wouldl ike to spend 10 days thank you margot

9. Re: Travel from Vienna through Zagreb to Zadar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, October 16, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Zadar