We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Zadar to Plitvice by bus , same day return

Which Zadar hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
reviews: 15
Zadar to Plitvice by bus , same day return

Hi

Im planning on going to Plitvice Lakes on saturday from Zadar. Ive got a few questions im afriad;

Is it possible to get there by bus? How long does it take? When & where does it run from/ and how much is it? also what time is the last bus?

if public tranport is not availible, how much would it be to hire a taxi? (i cant drive so self drive isnt an option)

also how long does it take to walk round the lakes?

any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

Ed

Parma, Italy
Destination Expert
for Parma, Cremona, Zadar
reviews: 47
1. Re: Zadar to Plitvice by bus , same day return

There is bus line from Zadar yo Plitvice more time during the day, departing from the main bus station in Zadar. It takes about 2,5 hours and you can do the round trip in one day.

You ask the driver to get off on the Plitvice stop and than just walk to the entrance of the National Park. There are many signs, but you can ask, there is always someone who goes there ans speaks English. Last year I did the same and had no problems. The only advice is to choose a sunny day.

Oslo, Norway
2. Re: Zadar to Plitvice by bus , same day return

Hi paddyschecter,

I also want to do similar day trip from Zadar to Plitvice next week as you asked for.

Can you please tell me how you managed to did this and any tips on the bus timings?

Your help would be most appreciated!

Thankd and regards,

Vineet

3. Re: Zadar to Plitvice by bus , same day return

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:52 am, December 24, 2013
Budapest, Hungary
reviews: 9
4. Re: Zadar to Plitvice by bus , same day return

Well, if you may can do this one day not worth it. Plitvice lakes is kinda full day tour, so start early

5. Re: Zadar to Plitvice by bus , same day return

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, March 18, 2014